Innovation Programme Lead at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Innovation Programme Lead
Reports To: Innovation Hub Director
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: October 31, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara Innovation Hub is looking for a strategic innovation expert experienced in all features of strategy, solution design, product development and business growth through innovation. The Innovation Programme Lead is a seasoned leader who has cultivated teams across multiple industry disciplines and is responsible for supporting the Director of the Innovation Hub in defining and fostering a culture of innovation that attracts successful innovators and entrepreneurs. Furthermore, the Innovation Programme Lead is a data-driven decision-maker, coach and mentor, empowering innovators and entrepreneurs to learn and perform at their highest potential while embracing diversity in thinking. She/he is the ultimate growth hacker through innovation.
Ifakara Innovation Hub is an initiative that is currently supported by the Embassy of Switzerland in Tanzania and Fondation Botnar. The vision of this initiative is to have a sustainable legal entity by the end of 2023 that promotes innovation and entrepreneurship in Kilombero Valley and Tanzania in general.
Currently, the Ifakara Innovation Hub is strongly emphasizing solutions based on modern digital technologies and med-tech to improve health care and livelihood. The ultimate goal is to create and stimulate a coherent continuum of activities from research and technology development, through entrepreneurial implementation, industrialization and scaling up capabilities. Prototyping and local manufacturing capacity will be developed, in particular, in these sectors to create a sustainable pipeline of new technologies, successful entrepreneurs and start-up companies that includes close technical and commercial links with relevant national and international entities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive innovation strategy that aligns with the goals andmission of Ifakara Innovation Hub. Continuously assess industry and market trends andidentify opportunities for innovation.
- Lead the process of ideation, solution design, and prototyping to address pressing challengesin the region. Collaborate with innovators and entrepreneurs to refine their ideas and
- Manage the development of innovative products and solutions, ensuring they meet high-quality standards. Manage the product development lifecycle, from concept to market launch.
- Drive business growth through innovation by identifying new revenue streams, markets, and Work with startups and entrepreneurs to scale their businesses.
- Cultivate and lead cross-disciplinary teams of innovators, entrepreneurs, and support staff.Foster a collaborative and innovative work culture.
- Utilize data and analytics to make informed decisions about innovation projects and initiatives.Monitor key performance indicators and adjust strategies as needed.
- Coach innovators and entrepreneurs, providing guidance and support to help them realize theirfull potential. Encourage diversity in thinking and approaches.
- Maintain strong relationships with industry leaders, government agencies, academia, and otherstakeholders to create a supportive ecosystem for innovation.
- Prepare regular reports and updates on the progress of innovation projects and their impact onthe local community and the broader ecosystem.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Business, Innovation Management, or Entrepreneurship. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven track record of leading successful innovation initiatives, including solution design, product development, and business growth.
Skills and Competencies
- Passion for fostering a culture of innovation and supporting local talent, demonstrating the ability to mentor and empower innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Proven communication and presentation skills and ability to promote Ifakara Innovation Hub to a wider range of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills, pleasant personality, team-oriented working style, demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the desire to learn and undertake new challenges and new work; must also be a creative problem-solver, willing to work hard and pays attention to quality, excellence and efficiency of work.
- Must show commitment to the program integrity and personal conduct including diplomacy and sensitivity to diversity with flexibility and adaptability.
- Encourage teamwork, initiative and direction, interpersonal skills to build trust and confidence, resilience, and patience.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Integrity, Initiative, Equity, Excellence, Accountability).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary package.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Tuesday, October 31st 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: INNOVATION PROGRAMME LEAD – INNOVATION HUB. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni P.O. Box 78,373 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]