Information Technology Assistant, (Service Desk), G-5 at IRMCT
- Company: IRMCT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Temporary Job Opening (Duration until 31 March 2022) Information Technology Assistant, (Service Desk), G-5
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 03 October 2021 DATE OF ISSUANCE : 20 September 2021
OFFICE : Registry/ Information Technology Services Section
LOCATION : Arusha
JOB OPENING NUMBER : 2021/TJO/IRMCT/REG/ITSS/123-GS
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the Information Technology Support Services Section, Registry of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT), Arusha branch. The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Service Desk Supervisor, The Hague and will be responsible for supporting the work of the Information Technology at the Arusha branch.
Within delegated authority, the Information Technology Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Desktop Administration and Configuration
- Assists in monitoring personal computers running the IRMCT software delivery system to ensure that software distributions are being delivered correctly.
- Assist in performing software distribution updates, scripting, testing and
- Performs research into new versions of centrally supported software and performs beta testing, production rollout and post production
- Performs 1st and 2nd level desktop
- Maintains and updates files (electronic and paper) and internal
- Performs other related duties as
Service Installation and Support
- Receives and logs problem calls or service requests in the automated tracking system with minimum
- Attempts to resolve as many problem calls or service requests on initial
- Performs tasks related to scheduled service requests, including equipment replacement, equipment installation/de- installation, software installation, LAN connection, returns to stock, site surveys,
- Diagnoses and resolves any hardware, software, or connectivity problem with minimum
- Provides basic training to end-users on the use of standard
- Logs all actions in the automated tracking system, including site survey information, steps taken to resolve problem or to complete task, problems encountered, current status, etc.
- Escalates problems to the appropriate parties in accordance with established procedure;
- Detects problem patterns and recommend
- Keeps abreast of developments in technology both in the IRMCT and in the industry in
- Performs other related duties as
Procurement and Logistics
- Receives, unpacks, and inspects all incoming
- Enters assets and asset transactions into the automated inventory management system in accordance with established
- Obeys and enforces all security
- Troubleshoots, cleans, and repairs/rebuilds
- Performs hardware and software configuration in accordance with established
- Sorts, compiles, and stores equipment in accordance with work orders and/or equipment
- Monitors inventory levels and alert supervisor when low thresholds are
- Keeps abreast of developments in technology in the IRMCT and in the industry in
- Recommends acquisition of hardware, software, devices, tools, to facilitate work.
- Performs other duties as
- Receives and logs service requests in the automated request management
- Creates and assigns work orders in accordance with established
- Liaises with other units and cells of ITSS to facilitate completion of service
- Provides advice to clients regarding ITSS standards and workflow
- Performs quality assurance procedures to ensure client
- Escalates problems encountered to the
- Performs filing and record-keeping tasks for the
- Keeps abreast of latest ITSS standards and
- Performs other duties as
- May be required to lift, move, mount, or store equipment weighing up to 50 lbs, or up to 80 pieces of equipment on a daily
- May be required to work ad-hoc assignments during evenings or early mornings of working days as well as holidays and
- Will be required to visit user’s premises to resolve problems on desktop PCs and other ICT
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to
- Technological Awareness – Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Demonstrated ability to use, support and administer computer technology.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in information technology or related area, preferably in an international environment.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Method of ApplicationNOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
- Staff at the G-4 and G-5 level are eligible to
- Interested staff members must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the IRMCT website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a cover letter, and the last two e- PAS’s to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject
- Once received, a list of candidates who meet the requirements of the post will be sent to the supervisor, who will prepare a written comparative analysis of the candidates and recommend a candidate for the position. Please note that only short listed candidate(s) will be informed of the outcome.
- Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per information circular ICTY/IC/2004/49 of 2 September 2004.
- External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the IRMCT website (www.irmct.org) and forward electronically along with a cover letter to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject
Please note, CVs cannot be accepted.
- Once received, a list of candidates who meet the requirements of the post will be sent to the supervisor, who will prepare a written comparative analysis of the candidates and recommend a candidate for the position. Please note that only short listed candidate(s) will be informed of the
- Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per information circular ICTY/IC/2004/49 of 2 September 2004. Candidates who have passed the GGST or ASAT must provide evidence when submitting their application.
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be on a local