Information and Computer Studies (ICS) Teacher at Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA)
- Company: Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA), is a non-profit organization with offices in the Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal, mandated to operate in Tanzania mainland with registration No 00NG/R2/0000232. SEGA’s mission is to educate and equip bright Tanzanian girls with academic, leadership, and business skills to unleash their talents and reach their full potential, with a particular focus on vulnerable girls. SEGA programs include; 1) The SEGA Girls’ Secondary School, 2) Post Form Four Scholarship Program, and 3) Msichana wa Kisasa Community Outreach Program.
Vacancies within the SEGA Girls Secondary School:
The SEGA girls’ secondary school located in the Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal provides quality holistic education for 280 form I – IV with more than 50% of its students being on scholarship. The school’s mission is to provide quality education for girls, fostering academic excellence, strong values, healthy self-esteem, and independent thinking skills, emphasizing leadership, entrepreneurship, social responsibility, and environmental care.
POSITION: Information and Computer Studies (ICS) Teacher – 1 post
The overall role responsibility of a Teacher at SEGA Girls Secondary School is to provide quality, participatory education opportunities for students that build both academic competence and practical skills to assist students to become self-reliant, contributing members of society upon graduation; and to contribute to the development of the SEGA Girls Secondary School as a quality, financially self-sufficient organization which may serve as a model to others.
R1. Lessons Preparation/Planning and Materials Development: Develop creative, participatory, and integrated learning opportunities for students in your assigned subject areas as per the Tanzanian national curriculum, and as per SEGA’s vision and values to provide quality academic and practical education which builds self-reliance and entrepreneurship (30%)
- Develops a scheme of work, and lesson plans as per the content of the National Curriculum for Secondary students
- Conducts detailed planning of classes that will actively involve students and engage them in higher-level thinking, specifically:
- Posing pre-planned high-level thinking questions that help students get to “the next level” of thinking and creativity
- Creating, identifying, and using a variety of teaching and learning materials appealing to different learning styles (charts, objects, songs)
- Varies teaching methods to stimulate students, such as the use of IT, video, small group discussion, hands-on and experiential learning, and other
R2: Teaching (40%)
- Teaches classes to Secondary students as per the schedule developed, ensuring punctual attendance at all classes
- Regularly assesses students against expected competencies within the secondary curriculum, ensuring students are on-track, and prepare, administer, and mark tests and exams as required.
- Develop solutions for struggling students (e.g. extra tuition, counseling, alternative modes of delivering material, etc.)
- Provides extra tuition to students who lag and/or an advanced content for fast learners, to the extent possible
R3: Supports Individual Student Development (10%)
- Assists each advisee student in developing her own personalized set of goals (academic, social, career) and action plan for achieving those goals. Assists students to think practically about their career and education aspirations post-SEGA and pursue opportunities in the school and outside of school to reach their goals.
- Manages pupil behavior and instills discipline in all students in and outside the classroom while at the same time creating a “safe” environment for vulnerable girls. Ensures supportive, respectful communication style and culture within the school to model appropriate behavior and build student confidence.
- Alerts and keeps the Headmistress informed of all students’ progress, highlighting problems at an early stage
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Head
R4: Coordinates Sports, Clubs, and/or Other Extra-Curricular Activities (20%)
- Helps engage students outside of class in essay competitions, subject clubs, debate programs, or other activities as assigned. Takes initiative and uses their creativity to assist in the development of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Information and Computer Studies as teaching subjects
- Four years’ experience
- Excellent spoken and written Swahili and English
- Ability to work well independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage, encourage, and build the capacity of others
- Ability to communicate efficiently via email; and use MSWord and Excel
- Willing to live and work in Morogoro, and commute to school each day
NB: For this position, SEGA is looking for a person who is willing and ready to start immediately in October 2023. Only WOMEN should apply.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants may get detailed Job Description through the following website www.sega.or.tz
Please send only a cover letter and CV to [email protected] by Thursday 5th October 2023. Early applications will be highly appreciated.