Information and Communication Assistant at European Union
- Company: European Union
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The European Union Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC) is looking for: Information and Communication Assistant
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC):
- Supports Tanzania’s and EAC’s development agendas and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
- Provides support with a view to inclusive growth, private sector development and job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Information and Communication Assistant- this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. This is a full time employment. The posts is allocated the salary Group II that has a minimum gross salary of 4,184,522 TZS per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union human resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The Press and Information Assistant will be the focal point for aid related communication and visibility matter, linking in particular the reporting on results and visibility related initiatives. The main tasks are;
Visibility of external aid action:
- Act as the focal point for aid related communication and visibility matters, linking in particular the reporting on results and visibility related inanities.
- Facilitate the monitoring of communication plans designed by EU funded projects/programmes. Assist with the dissemination of instructions pertaining to visibility.
- Coordinate and updating of project/programmes information on the EUD website
- Contribute to the production of publications or any written material, including speechwriting and preparations of press releases.
- Coordinate the visibility related aspects of EUD staff field visits as well as missions from the EU Headquarters.
- Provide inputs on the annual visibility action plan of the Delegation.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation and follow up of the EUD’s visibility events, as part of an agenda to promote the EU’s cooperation agenda with Tanzania and the EAC. This will include the management of contracts for communication and visibility (from tendering, contracting and monitoring).
- Organisation of conferences and exhibitions, etc.
- Further, develop and maintain, with the Press and Information Officer, a network of media correspondents interested in development related issues.
- Support the EUD in the implementation of the EU commitments and Aid Effectiveness.
- Facilitated the EUD reporting on results.
- Prepare and guide communication with the larger public.
- Support the EUD focal point for monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate annual external EU Result Oriented Monitoring (ROM) exercise.
- Provide support to Delegation Programme Offices in use of the external monitoring system.
- Facilitate implementation of the annual evaluation plan
- Facilitate the management of follow-up on findings and recommendations from monitoring exercises.
- Support the effective implementation of cooperation and corresponding reporting.
- Assist with the coordination of reporting on EU commitments and disbursements and the corresponding statistical work.
Method of ApplicationPlease send your detailed EuroPass CV in English filled in with the template available at https://europa.eu/ europass/eportfolio/screen/cv-edltor?lang=en and a Cover Letter in English. The cover letter should mention your motivation for applying.
All applications must be submitted through this email address: [email protected]
The Subject of your email should be: Information and Communication Assistant – Post 246813 The procedure After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually.
The deadline for applications is: 15th July 2022