Informatics Officer at The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
- Company: The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded its scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB, and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, EngenderHealth, D-tree International, and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Northern (CH3P-HIV&TB) Activity contract. Under C3HP, EGPAF offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV, TB, and FP services across each continuum.
Job Title: Informatics Officer
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Informatics Manager
The Informatics Officer is supervised by the Senior Informatics Manager and works under the leadership of the Director monitoring and Evaluation. Informatics Officer will have in-depth knowledge and skills in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Applications development, including customization of existing open platforms available
- Working knowledge of programming languages for data capture, query, validation, visualization, and storage systems (e.g. SQL server, DAX, PHP, Java, etc.)
- Relational database design, data transfer, application inter-operability
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support EMR (CTC2) use in EGPAF-supported facilities, and develop and implement a quality assurance strategy to improve EMR data completeness and accuracy in all supported sites.
- Implement and maintain mHealth solutions to facilitate real-time data transmission and report sharing.
- Collaborate with end-users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management, access, use, and delivery.
- Capacitate EGPAF staff to adhere to standard operating procedures for data handling and documentation.
- Contribute to data quality through routine data validation exercises in the facilities at aggregate levels.
- Support data collection activities during the quarterly report collection period and through the preparation of data for the Data Analysis session.
- Contribute to EGPAF technical team member capacity in using data to describe program inputs , outputs, and outcomes.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduate with a degree in computer science or computer engineering, or other fields with experience in computer application developments, hardware, and software support.
- Three years of experience in data information systems, programming applications, database development, and management, etc.
- Demonstrated professional technical experience in the following:
- Developing data entry forms, query, analytics, or visualization functions using at least two of the following: MS-access, SQL, Power BI (DAX), Excel, Epi-Info, Open Data Kit.
- Programming in at least one of the following: Python,
- Integrating different data sources from/to different databases (DHIS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle Open MRS framework) while addressing issues of data quality; database performance, optimization, data aggregation using PostgreSQL/SQL query scripts
- E xperience with mobile phone (android) applications development
- Experience using Azure and Rapid Pro.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong critical thinking, logical problem solving, and attentiveness to details .
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% to the supported districts and health facilities
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December , 2021.