Individual Consultant to Support Immunization Services in Tanzania at UNICEF
- Company: UNICEF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Job Number: 533151 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Tanzania,Uni.Re
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged in order children to save their lives, to defend their right and to help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone and we never give up.
And we never give up.
For every child, [Health]
How can you make a difference?
Given the above background, UNICEF Health section, with funding from regular resources, would like to recruit a consultant to provide technical support to ensure effective and efficient implementation of immunization activities in Tanzania from 1st August 2020 to 31st July 2021.
The consultant will support the Immunization programme in providing technical expertise with the following specific tasks:
1. Support in developing strategies to address immunization coverage barriers for Measles-Rubella Second Dose and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccines
2. Support in implementation of interventions to address discrepancies related to geographical, gender, socio-economic and education that were observed in accessing immunization services
3. Provide effective managerial skill transfer to the immunization programme to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the programme
4. Restrategize interventions targeting vulnerable group of children such are refugees and nomadic populations to achieve the desired goals for immunization.
5. Support implementation of intervention that addresses community and health system barriers for immunization services in Tanzania. 6. Support in development of National Immunization Strategy for Tanzania in line with the Immunization Agenda 2030
7. Provide technical support through teamwork to strengthen effective capacity building activities in the development, implementation, and management of the Immunization Programme
8. Participate in all immunization technical working group and other meetings and provide feedback to the UNICEF health section team
9. Support roll out of Electronic Immunization System (EIS) for better immunization data management
10. Provide technical support to enable programme efficiency, effectiveness, and vaccination coverage to be enhanced through effective implementation and monitoring.
11. Provide progress reports and work plans timely and ensure effective technical assistance is provided in introducing new vaccines, routine immunization, periodic campaigns, and cold chain development and maintenance.
12. Ensure effective innovations, communication, networking, and collaboration are achieved with internal and external partners
Expected outcome: Immunization programme in Tanzania is improved and sustained in terms of coverage and equity and there is increased visibility of UNICEF role in supporting immunization programme in Tanzania. The technical support provided is appreciated by all partners.
The incumbent will receive payments based on UNICEF procedures, according to schedule highlighted earlier and the accomplishment of the aforementioned deliverables
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Heath and university degree with health background( MD,Nursing or other health disciplines)
A minimum of [Ten years] of relevant professional experience in managing Immunization or other MNCH programmes
Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
Fluency in English is required.
Proven expertise in managing, monitoring, and evaluation of health programmes
Proven working relation with national, regional, district and sub-district structures
Strong analytical skills – Knowledge of the Tanzanian mainland and Zanzibar context and EPI programme
Excellent facilitation skills, negotiation skills, and oral and written communication
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Opening Date Sat Jul 25 2020 06:00:00 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time) E. Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Sun Aug 09 2020 20:55:00 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
Method of Application
Closing Date : 9th August, 2020.