Individual Consultant at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Company: World Health Organization (WHO)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Individual Consultant – Terms of Reference for facilitating a Mid-Term Review of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2021-2025 in Mainland Tanzania – (2210905)
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 01 MONTH
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2022, 4:01:53 PM
Closing Date: Dec 28, 2022, 1:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
Purpose of the Consultancy:
The Ministry of Health, through the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) in collaboration with President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) and Partners, has been implementing a National Malaria Strategic Plan (NSP) 2021-2025. Focusing on transitioning to malaria elimination in phases in mainland Tanzania by 2030, the NSP provides comprehensive technical guidance for the 5-year period in three (3) core strategies; Integrated Malaria Vector Control; Malaria Diagnosis, Treatment and Preventive therapies, and Surveillance, Monitoring & Evaluation and three (3) supportive strategies; Commodities and Logistics Management, Social Behaviour Change and Advocacy, and Program Management.
Halfway through the implementation, the NMCP has identified a need to perform a mid-term evaluation to take note of lessons learned in the implementation of the NSP and maximize achievements of the set goal in the remaining period. The WHO will be supporting the government through the NMCP in conducting the mid-term review (MTR).
- Work to be performed
Under the general coordination of the WHO Country Representative, Cluster Lead, CND and Malaria Programme Manager’s supervision, the consultant will assist the MOH and malaria stakeholders to conduct an MTR in accordance with the WHO guidance. The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support the NMCP and MTR secretariat in constituting thematic review groups, reviewing the available documents and categorising them for desk review.
- Facilitate thematic review groups to critically assess available facts and figures, score and report on progress towards the epidemiological and entomological impact of the NSP; programme funding landscape and expenditure, programme capacity to implement activities and levels of attainment of outcome targets according to the MTR standards.
- Develop a comprehensive internal desk review report and present the findings to the NMCP and external reviewers before the validation phase.
- In collaboration with the NMCP, finalize tools and checklists for the external validation field visit and facilitate the field visits in selected districts.
- Collaborate with the NMCP and the external consultant(s) to consolidate the thematic and field validation reports into the MTR report.
- Facilitate the presentation of MTR findings to partners and stakeholders and receive and consolidate feedback and recommendations.
Key deliverables from this assignment will include:
- Comprehensive in-depth desk review report.
- Program thematic areas and sub-national reports of the desk review.
- Comprehensive MTR report combining the thematic review and field validation reports.
- Slide deck for the MTR
- Specific Requirements
Fluent in spoken and written English and Fluency in Swahili.
Desired: Postgraduate degree in health-related field, preferably, Epidemiology, Public Health, International Health, Tropical Diseases from an accredited/ recognized institute and at least 5 years in managing, implementing and monitoring communicable disease programmes.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in managing, implementing, and monitoring communicable disease programmes.
- Relevant work experience and comprehensive knowledge of Malaria programming and health systems strengthening.
- Experience in analysis of health-related strategic plans and mid-term and end-term reviews and dissemination of health-related programme with a documented track record of successful completion of similar or related tasks.
- Analytical and documentation skills, presentation of reports and giving technical guidance specifically to the MOH.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation, participatory skills and team player
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively orally.
WHO Competencies REQUIRED
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Producing Results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Good command of Computer Application Systems
- PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Initial payments (25%) will be made upon acceptance of the consultancy and submission of the countersigned contract. Final payment is dependent on the completion of all deliverables.
- TIMELINE AND REPORTING
- The duration of the consultancy is 30 days. The consultancy is expected to begin in early December 2022 and end at the end of January 2023.
- Outputs delivered under this consultancy contract will remain the property of the Ministry of Health and WHO.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 December 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd December, 2022.