Implementation Lead, Health Electrification and Telecommunication Alliance (HETA) at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
Health Electrification and Telecommunication Alliance (HETA) is a Global Development Alliance implemented by Abt Associates in partnership with USAID’s Power Africa with a goal to electrify 10,000 health facilities across sub-Saharan Africa. HETA takes a market-based approach to expanding access to reliable energy, leveraging other donor funding and private investment capital, and building public-private partnerships to ensure sustainability.
In Tanzania, HETA is working with partners to improve sustainable energy access and digital connectivity at private health facilities. In our initial year, we are partnering with solar home systems, digital business platforms, and private health facility networks to target 300 health facilities, including accredited drug dispensing outlets (ADDOs), pharmacies, dispensaries, and health centers. As the Implementation Lead, you will support the HETA Tanzania team across a range of technical areas to facilitate project implementation, under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and manage the day-to-day relationships with key partners to oversee progress toward these targets.
You will bring strong project management skills, expertise in the renewable energy space, and familiarity with engineering requirements and business models to support the successful implementation of efforts to energy access, productive uses of electricity, electrification of health facilities and ensure their sustained long-term operations and maintenance.
- Manage day-to-day implementation of work plan activities in Tanzania, ensuring the achievement of all project deliverables and targets in a timely manner.
- Oversee work of HETA partners directly working to electrify health facilities to assure technical quality of their work.
- Create and manage strong partnerships with HETA partners working in the energy and health sectors to facilitate timely implementation of project activities.
- Provide management support (programmatic, financial and administrative) for the project alongside the COP, ensuring full alignment with national and international standards.
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and implement strategies to overcome them.
- Draft technical materials for COP review.
- Prepare and consolidate information for client and internal reports and conduct preliminary reviews.
- Implement the learning agenda for the project, use lessons learned to modify project approaches and strategies, and disseminate findings, alongside COP.
- Effectively represent Abt Associates and the project and build and maintain excellent, productive relationships with government counterparts, private sector partners, relevant civil society organizations and donor agencies and serve as a leader in the energy and health community.
- Uphold the standards of Abt Associates to lead a high performing team; ensure strict compliance to USAID and Abt’s policies, regulations, and internal controls.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s Degree + 9 years of relevant experience, master’s degree + 7 years of relevant experience or Ph.D. + 4 years of relevant experience
- An advanced degree in in health, economics, energy/environmental policy, engineering, Master of Business Administration, Juris Doctor, or a related field
- Experience in managing international development health and/or energy access/electrification projects as a manager; field-based experience with USAID projects preferred.
- Experience of working in Tanzania and managing donor-funded projects in developing countries
- Experience in providing long or short-term in-country technical assistance to developing and/or emergent nations desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders including national governments, regulators, utilities, financial institutions, project developers, donor community, and private sector.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships and supervise early career staff.
- Fluency in English and Swahili is required.
- Local Country Nationals are encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Abt is committed to creating a safe and inclusive work environment. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate background checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Abt Associates also participates in the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th August, 2023.