Impact Research Specialist II at Compassion
- Company: Compassion
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The expected salary range for this position is $75,200.00 – $94,000.00. Employees in specific high cost of labor locations in the United States (such as San Francisco, CA and Seattle, WA) may qualify for a geographic differential. Compassion International is not responsible for third parties who omit this information when copying and re-posting job openings.
Come join our collaborative international team to contribute to advancing organizational knowledge through quantitative impact evaluation of programs and interventions! You will be responsible for supporting primarily quantitative program effectiveness research studies to support Compassion’s child development programs, leadership decision-making and marketing platforms.
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be based anywhere in the United States or any of our 29 field countries. Please see the list of these countries in the link below:
Resumes and applications must be submitted in English.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Act as an advocate for children. Understand and advance Christ’s mandate to protect children. Take active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse and exploitation of children.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Conduct new quantitative research studies using rigorous approaches to generate reliable, timely and meaningful information to stakeholders. This includes stakeholder engagement, ability to implement design, literature reviews and country-level contextualization, sample and participant selection, quantitative methodology (mostly quasi-experimental methods); run STATA (or R) code and assist in analysis, report writing and presentation to multiple audiences and forums.
- Using causal methods, run ongoing impact evaluations to measure the effectiveness of all parts of Compassion’s child development programs.
- Advise program managers, field office staff and leadership on relevant programmatic issues when requested and through contribution to multi-departmental projects, creative thinking and analysis teams.
- Interface with other Compassion departments and individuals who collect information and data to minimize duplication of effort, build cooperation and support the growth of quality information gathering across the organization.
- Present research findings to audiences to engage non-research staff in research results.
What will you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in data analytics, economics, econometrics, statistics, applied psychology, international economics, international development or other related field with major components that include research methods, at least two semesters of econometrics or advanced statistics, and impact evaluations.
- Three years’ relevant experience working in this or a related field.
- Experience with Stata or R.
- Experience with quasi-experimental methods preferred.
- Some experience with SQL, Snowflake or AWS preferred.
- Experience in project management preferred.
- Experience with common data collection and management tools, such as building surveys in SurveyCTO, ODK, conducting statistical analysis in Stata and R, data management and visualization in AWS, Snowflake (familiarity with SQL preferred), Salesforce, Tableau.
- Strong analytical skills with a foundation in statistical techniques (e.g., various forms of regression, power and sample size determination, PSM, SEM, difference in differences analysis, multivariate analysis etc.).
- Understanding of data pipelines and data storage, computer programming language is a plus (e.g., ability to build YAML files, proficiency with Python or R).
- English proficiency (readying, writing, and speaking) required.
- Proficiency in at least one of the languages spoken in Compassion countries is a plus.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above. ***
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b)-retirement fund in addition to your salary, excellent health-care coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth opportunities: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
Working Environment: Remote, work from home.
Physical Demands: International travel to remote locations with potentially hazardous and challenging conditions.
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule. Travelers must follow the vaccination rule of each country they travel to. Some countries require the health record to be uploaded to their system to receive a QR code to present when arriving in immigration.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th October, 2023.