IMPACT Approach Advisor x2 at Global Health Supply Chain Program
- Company: Global Health Supply Chain Program
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
The Global Health Supply Chain Program – Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health commodities, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH), as well as essential medicines. In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania (GoT) by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The IMPACT Approach Advisor will work underthe technical guidance of the Senior Capacity Building Advisor, and will focus on implementing the Information Mobilized for Performance Analysis and Continuous Transformation (IMPACT) approach; a people centered, data driven quality improvement approach. S/he will identify and encourage the adoption of leading practices for mentoring and building the skills of relevant stakeholders within the Government of Tanzania (GoT) around data use for performance improvement through the design and institutionalization of IMPACT teams. S/he will work with in-country stakeholders including the President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), the Ministry of Health (MOH), and Medical Stores Department (MSD) in building capacity in using supply chain systems and data for decision making, and to take actions to improve product availability. S/he will champion data use and data quality improvement efforts throughout the supply chain. This position will be based in Dodoma, with occasional travel to regions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the implementation of IMPACT approach to improve supply chain performance
- Maintain and manage all relevant materials and tools for implementation of IMPACT approach, including training materials and standard operating procedures/manual
- Identify and improve IMPACT approach training materials, tools, including methods for data analysis and use
- Work closely with the Government and Implementing Partners (IPs) counterparts to align IMPACT team activities with other routine activities in improving data quality and use
- Collaborate with other GHSC-TA-TZ staff, Government of Tanzania and IPs counterparts to monitor the performance of IMPACT teams
- Build capacity within relevant partners such as MOH, PORALG, IPs, in regards to sustainability of IMPACT approach
- Contribute IMPACT approach training and capacity building materials to the eLearning platform, as appropriate
- Ensure workplan activities for the IMPACT approach are completed on time and of high quality
- Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned related to
- Serve as a technical resource for project staff for implementing supply chain improvement strategies and management approaches related to capacity building
- Support other capacity building activities as needed
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholders’ meetings
- Complete and submit in a timely fashion written technical and trip reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A qualified Pharmacist, advanced degree in Public Health, Supply Chain, or related field
- Five years of experience in health programs, including experience in Tanzania’s public health supply chain
- Experience providing supply chain trainings and conversant in adult learning
- Knowledge of various electronic health information systems such as eLMIS
- Ability to analyze supply chain data, conduct root cause analysis, and prepare quality presentation/reports
- Ability to coach and mentor public sector stakeholders to use supply chain data for performance improvement
- Knowledge of leading practices related to human resource capacity building
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal English
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable.
- Ability to travel for an extended period away from duty station to support technical activities
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work-related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to – [email protected] by July 20th, 2023
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
GHSC is an equal-opportunity employer.