ICT Support Specialist at Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania
- Company: Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKES, T is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and the wider society. AKES, T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKES, T is looking to hire qualified candidates for the following positions based in Dar es Salaam:
ICT Support Specialist
The core purpose of this role is to lead, provide ICT oversight, create sustainable ICT infrastructure and implement approved systems. Specifically, this role will entail providing strategic and technical leadership in all matters concerning ICT within Tanzania.
- Assist in planning, implementation and maintenance activities for the continuous improvement of ICT infrastructure to support academic/ed-tech and administrative functions at all AKES units in Tanzania;
- Ensure implementation of ICT policies and Standard-Operating-Procedures for AKES units in Tanzania;
- Ensure systems availability and provide advance level technical support for all ICT services available at AKES offices and schools in Tanzania;
- Play key role in the implementation and support of all ICT initiatives and information systems for AKES, T;
- Ensure that updated inventory record is maintained for ICT hardware, software and network equipment;
- Manages the purchasing of all software, hardware, and other ICT supplies for AKES units in Tanzania;
- Liaise with respective departments and external service providers for resolution of technical issues;
- Maintain documentation on network infrastructure, software applications and interfaces that the ICT team implements and supports;
- Ensuring sound business continuity from ICT perspective and risk mitigation measures are in place to effectively protect the organizational data and other ICT assets;
- Play key role in ensuring compliance with statutory regulations like data protection acts from ICT perspective;
- Functionally manages, guides, appraises and coaches school IT staff members;
Skills required for the job:
- All-round IT skillset required; network infrastructure, hardware, software, information security.
- Ability to implement, administer and use information systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage team and coordinate with internal/ external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (Master’s will be an added advantage), Computer Science or related field from a reputable organization.
- Relevant certifications would be an added advantage.
- At least four(4)years of relevant work experience; preferably in a school environment.
Method of ApplicationApplications should include application letter showing how you meet the requirements of the position up dated curriculum vitae, and names of three professional referees one must be your current employer. Subject Line should be the position you have applied for.
Closing date: 3rd March ,2023 via email.
Subject should be: ICT SPECIALIST
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania
P 0 Box 125
DAR ES SALAAM
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE