ICT Specialist, Electronic Health Record Project x5 at Aga Khan Health Service
- Company: Aga Khan Health Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services and neurosciences, as well asthe expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 26 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
AKHST is currently seeking for a skilled and highly motivated ICT Specialist to join the project team for the implementation and testing of the Meditech Electronic Health Record System.
ICT Specialist, Electronic Health Record Project – 5 Positions
REPORTING TO THE HEAD OF ICT DEPARTMENT
He/She will be part of the training, and implementation of the Electronic Health Records system, ensuring that it aligns with the hospital’s clinical and administrative needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and optimize the EHR database, including data migration, data cleansing, and ensuring data integrity and security.
- Develop and maintain custom reports and dashboards to meet the hospital’s reporting requirements using Report designer and Data Repository tools, including those related to healthcare processes and dictionary building.
- Write complex SQL queries to extract, analyze, and manipulate data from the EHR database to support various healthcare processes, dictionary building, and data standardization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to integrate the EHR system with the existing hospital management system, ensuring smooth interoperability for processes like inpatient and outpatient billing, inventory management, general accounting etc.
- Understanding of the EHR system, write queries, and verify software solutions to address specific healthcare process needs, dictionary building, System building and enhance system functionality.
- Provide training to hospital staff on EHR system usage, troubleshoot technical issues related to healthcare processes and dictionary building, and offer ongoing support to ensure optimal system performance. Strong communication skills will be added advantage.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive healthcare dictionary within the EHR system, ensuring consistent terminology and standardized data entry for accurate patient records.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor in ICT or related from recognized University/College.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in hospital setting will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience with the use of an electronic health record (EHR) is preferred.
- Self-motivated and with consistent willingness to personally address work that needs to
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment, accepting personal responsibility of tasks assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding use of data and analytics.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Method of ApplicationPLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON TUESDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2023
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply.”