ICT Assistant/ICT at SOS Children’s Villages
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar is Local Non- Government Organization (NGO) affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that work to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing it. Established 64 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs two major programmes i.e., Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and runs Children’s Villages and other projects in Tanzania, the organisation runs four Children’s Villages in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Zanzibar and other programmes in Pemba, Iringa and Mufindi.SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title : ICT Assistant/ICT
Duty station : Zanzibar- Unguja
Reporting to : Program Director
Technical Supervisor: Head of ICT
ICT Assistant will be responsible to follow up the day today network activity, hardware and software failure maintenance, do network and system maintenance, and provide IT support to co-workers working in projects. The ICT Assistant will provide support to the Head of ICT in all issues relating to ICT in MA Zanzibar.
- Technical Support: Provide technical assistance and support to staff members regarding hardware, software, and network-related issues.
- System Maintenance: Assist in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer systems, and network equipment.
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting: Diagnose and resolve technical problems related to software applications, computer hardware, and peripherals.
- Network Support: Assist in managing and troubleshooting the local area network(LAN)and internet connectivity to ensure smooth operations.
- User Support: Respond to user inquiries, troubleshoot ICT-related problems, and provide guidance on the effective use of ICT tools.
- Inventory Management: Maintain accurate records of hardware and software inventory, including procurement, distribution, and disposal.
- Data Management: Assist in data backup and recovery procedures to ensure data integrity and availability.
- User Training: Conduct training sessions to educate staff members on the effective and secure use of ICT systems and software.
- ICT Projects: Support the implementation and management of ICT projects, including software upgrades, system migrations, technology integration to programmes and new technology deployments.
- Security and Compliance: Assist in implementing and enforcing ICT security measures, data protection policies, and IT best practices.
- Documentation: Maintain up-to-date documentation of ICT systems, configurations, and support procedures.
- Vendor Coordination: Liaise with external vendors and service providers to ensure the timely resolution of technical issues and the fulfillment of ICT-related services.
- Research and Evaluation: Stay updated with emerging technologies, evaluate their potential benefits for SOS Children’s Villages, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the Head of ICT and other team members to achieve ICT goals and contribute to the overall organizational mission.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or any related field with two (2) years’ experience
- Proven ICT technical experience of supporting users and systems in a large and complex organization
- Sound experience in hardware and software maintenance, network management, software development, website development and systems administration.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Familiarity with IT Cybersecurity principles and best practices
- Passion for the mission and values of SOS Children’s Villages.
- Excellent organization skill in providing help online or onsite
Method of ApplicationInterested candidate should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates Closing date is 18th August, 2023. To apply please send to;
The National Director, SOS Children’s Villages.
Dares Salaam, Tanzania [email protected]
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, prevent all forms of exploitations, harassment and abuse among staff, program participant, donors and community members. Therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted