ICLA Technical Assistant at NRC
- Company: NRC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with project agreements
- Prepare and develop weekly, monthly and other status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents and keeping of records
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need are identified, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of refugees/returnees in line with advocacy strategy
- Adherence to NRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines in relation to provision of information, counseling, legal assistance and referral activities
- Provision of information, counselling and legal assistance services in camp and surrounding host community
- Completing relevant M&E procedures for the documentation of ICLA beneficiaries
- Supporting the regular updating of IEC materials for dissemination
- Conducting group information sessions and other outreach activities
- Preparation of client intake and case management forms for counseling and legal assistance services and ensure confidentiality of client data
- Supporting the provision of internal referrals from other ICLA/NRC core competencies and conducting external referrals to other service providers
- Support the conducting of capacity building and training activities for communities, government officials and NGOs on ICLA thematic areas.
- Supervise relevant NRC community staff supporting project activities
- Participate in ICLA continuous assessments, mapping and investigation and supervise data collection during ICLA surveys and assessment
- Diploma in law, political science, social science or other relevant discipline. Minimum 2 years humanitarian experience with refugees at field level with an NGO or other international organization
- Good understanding of the north-western camps/Kibondo district at advantage
- Experience in reporting, client management, case studies and research.
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven skills in report writing
- Advanced computer skills; Word, Excel, Power point
- Knowledge of English
Duty station: Kibondo, Tanzania
Duration and type of contract: Temporary Service contract to 31 December 2018, could be extended based on funding
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th October, 2021.