ICLA Project Technical Assistant x3 at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: ICLA Project Technical Assistant (3)
Reports to: ICLA Project Officer
Supervision of: Camp Based Refugee Paralegals
Duty station: (1) – Kibondo and (2) – Nyarugusu, Tanzania Travel: Frequent travel to nearby camp locations (Nyarugusu and Nduta)
Project number: TZFM 2301
Duration and type of contract: Fixed term contract to 31 December 2023, could be extended based on funding availability.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Technical Assistant position is responsible for day to day the implementation of NRC’s ICLA work in north-western camps in Tanzania (Nyarugusu and Nduta). The ICLA Project Technical Assistant will support the provision of information, counselling and legal assistance services in the camps and surrounding host communities. The Project Assistant will support provision of information and outreach services and counselling and legal assistance services to identified beneficiaries related to ICLA thematic areas as well as manage refugee paralegals hired to support ICLA activities. ICLA Project Assistant will also be involved in supporting the roll out of identified technical training and capacity building opportunities with partners.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with project agreements
- Prepare and develop weekly, monthly and other status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents and keeping of records
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need are identified and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of refugees/returnees in line with advocacy strategy
- Adherence to NRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines in relation to provision of information, counseling, legal assistance and referral activities
- Provision of information, counselling, and legal assistance services in camp and surrounding host community
- Completing relevant M&E procedures for the documentation of ICLA beneficiaries
- Supporting the regular updating of IEC materials for dissemination
- Conducting group information sessions and other outreach activities
- Preparation of client intake and case management forms for counseling and legal assistance services and ensure confidentiality of client data
- Supporting the provision of internal referrals from other ICLA/NRC core competencies and conducting external referrals to other service providers
- Support the conducting of capacity building and training activities for communities, government officials and NGOs on ICLA thematic areas.
- Supervise relevant NRC community staff (paralegals) supporting project activities
- Participate in ICLA continuous assessments, mapping and investigation and supervise data collection during ICLA surveys and assessments
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- M&E Officers/Focal Points
- Support Officers and Assistants (HR/Admin, Finance and Logistics)
- Project Officers and Assistants in other NRC core competencies
- UNHCR, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society and government bodies
Scale and scope of position
|Staff:||10 refugee community/incentive staff/paralegals|
|Stakeholders:||UNHCR, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies|
|Information:||Daily, weekly, monthly, mid-term and end-term reports|
|Legal or compliance:||Terms of Employment, Code of Conduct|
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven skills in report writing
- Advanced computer skills; Word, Excel, Power point
- Knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Diploma in law, political science, social science or other relevant discipline. Minimum 2 years humanitarian experience with refugees at field level with an NGO or other international organization
- Good understanding of the north-western camps/Kibondo District (Nduta and Nyarugusu camp) add advantage
- Experience in reporting, client management, case studies and research.
2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework
Salary : Based on NRC Salary scale
This position is open to all Nationals. ” Female candidates are encouraged to apply”
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th January, 2023.