ICLA Officer Legal Council at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
All NRC employees are expected to work by the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Officer is responsible for supporting NRC’s ICLA work in north-western camps in Tanzania (Nyarugusu and Nduta). The ICLA Project Officer is primarily responsible for supporting the implementation of information, counselling and legal assistance services in these camps and surrounding host communities and supporting programme development through assessments, stakeholder engagement and coordination. This includes the development of information dissemination and outreach strategies to beneficiaries related to ICLA thematic areas and integration with other Core Competencies (CCs). The Project Officer is also responsible for supporting the provision of counselling and legal assistance in line with NRC procedures that ensure quality delivery of programmes. The Project Officer with support from the ICLA Project Coordinator will identify and carry out relevant capacity building and training opportunities for ICLA and partner staff. The Project Officer will also support research and assessments for programme development of ICLA’s programme.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated ICLA project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Supervise, evaluate and appraise the Project Assistant(s), providing technical guidance
- Regularly review and development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), relevant guidelines, client intake and management tools in line with NRC standards for all services provided
- Implement and develop M&E activities and ensure timely reporting of relevant activities in line with NRC guidelines.
- Ensure proper budget monitoring and efficient utilisation of funds
- Represent NRC in relevant coordination forums and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Conduct regular analysis of the situation of refugees located in camps and support relevant research to develop ICLA’s programme in Kibondo and Kasulu. Assist in strategic review and identification of other relevant ICLA activities
- Support internal and external capacity building related to ICLA thematic areas
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Law degree in the field of international humanitarian or refugee law OR relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience
- Minimum 3 years humanitarian experience with refugees/internally displaced persons (IDPs) at field level with an NGO or other international organization.
- Knowledge of international refugee law and national law applicable to refugees
- Knowledge of SPHERE standards and durable solutions
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Duty station: Kibondo, Tanzania
Duration and type of contract: 5 Months Contract , could be extended based on funding
The deadline for submitting the application is 11 August 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2022.