IB Early Years Lead at Aga Khan Education Service
- Company: Aga Khan Education Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
IB EARLY YEARS LEAD
The IB Early Years Lead will be responsible for the pedagogical and administrative activities of the Aga Khan Nursery School, provision of high-quality education and support the school’s positioning as an IB World School of Excellence in Dar es Salaam
S/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school, provide leadership for the students and staff, monitor performance against targets and quality indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations of the school.
- To lead the school efficiently and effectively by ensuring compliance in IB curriculum systems; student discipline and holistic education; parental & community relations; overall school operations
- Strengthen the implementation and continued performance and success of the IB-PYP curriculum and monitor the PYP action plan, enabling the school to become a model school in the implementation of this curriculum.
- To lead, and ensure the success of, the Aga Khan Nursery Section, Dar es Salaam, as an IB-PYP School
- To provide an appropriate Early Years learning environment, with reference to the IB-PYP philosophy, where students have the opportunity to develop and grow intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually
- In consultation with the Leadership team, develop annual objectives, school development plan and quality indicators that ensure the delivery of a relevant, high-quality education.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to meet and maintain authorization requirements for the IB.
- Ensure systems are in place for tracking individual students and their progress through the school year and through the school, and identify areas where students need additional support to ensure “no child is left behind”.
- To work collaboratively with staff and parents to set high expectations for all children and to ensure that they achieve their developmental potential through the IB-PYP and within the context of an Early Years setting
- Staff management appraisal; and professional development;
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Master’s degree in Early Child Development or Education from an accredited university and with qualifications in IB Years Programme Teaching.
- At least three to five years experience in international curriculum schools, including experience in the International Baccalaureate system and at least two years leading the nursery school
- Good understanding of, and experience in, curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation
- Understanding of 21st-century education practices, strategies for raising students’ achievement and effective frameworks for school improvement planning and self-evaluation
- Experience in the developing world
Applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees, emailed by 30th September 2023.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 26th September, 2023.