Hygiene Behaviour Change Programme Manager at WaterAid
- Company: WaterAid
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Want to use your skills in Programme Management to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as a Programme Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The small WaterAid global progammes coordination team provides support to our country programmes to successfully deliver complex multi-regional programmes.
As our organised and dynamic Programme Manager you will build supportive working relationships with the donor, their research company, research consultants and global WaterAid advisors to support WaterAid country programmes to deliver positive hygiene behaviour change and the research to evidence that change.
This is a full-time position to support the programme which is currently 18 months but expected to be extended. It is an ideal role for an experienced programme manager with an interest and background in research and behaviour change.
In this role, you will act as information and coordination hub for a complex research programme to assess behaviour change success of a range of interventions in schools and health care facilities in Nepal, Tanzania and Madagascar.
You will be the primary point of contact for the donor and our contract. They will act as a communication and coordination hub for our country programme teams, WaterAid regional and global advisors, the donor and their research agents. You will be responsible for task, risk and financial management on a complicated commercial contract with shifting deliverables.
* Support CPs to ensure that they have standardised results frameworks and indicators which can be consolidated across the programme
* Ensure that WaterAid Country Programmes (CPs) have a realistic programme plan timeframe/GANTT
* Monitor progress and identify significant variations and delays
* Be responsible for overall budget oversight, tracking monthly burn rate spend, and providing quarterly updates with support from finance
* Manage the development and submission of donor reports
To be successful, you’ll need:
* Proven experience of managing institutional donor funded projects and donor relationship management
* A degree in public health, engineering or the social sciences; or commensurate experience working in the international development sector
* Ability to communicate clearly and influence colleagues and peers; ability to work effectively across diverse groups and multi-cultures
* Knowledge and experience of project design and delivery
* Ability to work and travel overseas
* Willing and able to undertake routine, logistical and administrative tasks with equal conviction
* Knowledge of Hygiene Behaviour Change and WASH programming
The role is open to people with eligibility to work in the UK, or as a secondment to WaterAid team members from our country programmes across the globe, subject to right to work eligibility in the respective countries.
UK salary of £40,000 or WaterAid country programme grade F.
WaterAid UK benefits include:
- 36 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply’.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format. Please indicate your location and the right to work eligibility in your Cover letter.
Applications will close 23:59 on Sunday 3rd July. Availability for internet based interview is required week commencing 11th July.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work.For UK based applicants, WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will normally be your location and contract base. WaterAid is open and supportive of flexibility and supports hybrid working. Home-based working for the majority of days is common. Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at the interview stage with you.WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th June, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE