Hydrological Engineer at CCECC
- Company: CCECC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Company Name: CCECC Fuzhou Survey and Design Institute Co., LTD. (AKA CCECC-FSDI).
Project: Tanzania standard gauge railway project (SGR) Tabora – Kigoma lot 6 , and Tanzania road.
Work Place: Tanzania Kigoma or Dar es Salaam.
Job Title: Hydrological Engineer
Hydrological Engineer will be responsible of the following;
1. Prepare calculations to support design and performs various engineering-related calculations and analysis using relevant design criteria, codes and standards
2. Prepare the hydrological detailed design deliverables for Railway project
3. Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule
4. Ensure completeness and accuracy of project team’s work and reach the overall project objectives
5. Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline
6. Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and experience
§ Bachelor’s degree in Hydrological engineering
§ Priority for those who have participated in the hydrological design on the Tanzania Central Line railway
§ Five years’ experience on railway project is preferred.
§ Language ability: Proficient in English
§ Having a good knowledge of AREMA, AASHTO, EN and Eurocodes
§ Having a good knowledge of hydrological related software such as AUTOCAD, Civil 3D, QGis, ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS etc
§ Strategic thinker, with demonstrated collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
§ Ability to work independently
§ Ability to make sound decisions based on site field conditions
§ Ability to work successfully and professionally with consultants and employers