Human Resources Specialist at ACDI/VOCA
- Company: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant, competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants.
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Human Resources Specialist position. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam and will be responsible for assisting the Human Resources and Administration Manager in ensuring the smooth operation of the project’s human resources operations, provides human resource support, and ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within the area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Human Resources and Administration Manager in ensuring that all employees are aware of local labor laws, cultural norms, donor requirements, and company policies.
- Assist in maintaining standard human resource management systems, including complete and accurate confidential personnel files for all staff, including the employee/position data management process in the Global Employee Management System.
- Drafts employment contracts, associated extensions, salary change notices, and other HR-related correspondence for Human Resources and Administration Manager review and further approval.
- Assist in the coordination of the exit process for separating employees and ensures that debriefs are undertaken at the end of assignments.
- Assist in the administration of recruitment processes by maintaining and sorting employment applications received to the Recruitment email account. Follows up with shortlisted job candidates to gather the necessary information. Assists the Human Resources and Administration Manager and recruitment panels with scheduling job interviews and coordinating the meeting rooms, as necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance of employee files for both softcopies and hardcopies and ensures that files are complete and meet the organization’s standards and requirements.
- Assist in the communication of, and follow up on, the requirements of the performance appraisal process; shares, guides and discusses the related documentations and instructions with the employees and supervisors.
- Assist in the compilation of the monthly payroll information and documentation, including benefits, for Human Resources & Administration Manager review, subsequent approval, and timely submission to the Finance Department for processing.
- Assist in ensuring the timely completion and submission of timesheets for timely approval through Unanet system.
- Assist in the monitoring of employee leave balances and providing reports to supervisors on a monthly basis.
- Assists in compiling of medical and life insurance documentations related to additions and cancellations of employees and their dependents for the Human Resources and Administration Manager review and follow on actions.
- Performs any other duties that the Human Resources and Administration Manager may assign.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of support-level specialized experience in HR field. Experience with international development organizations is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with local labor laws, accounting and taxation laws, government regulations, and legal codes and precedents is essential.
- Basic knowledge of principles of human resources including recruitment, compensation and benefits, and employee relations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work in a team of diverse individuals.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office including databases and spreadsheets.