Human Resources Officer at Evangelical Lutheran Church / KKKT
- Company: Evangelical Lutheran Church / KKKT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania Northern Diocese (ELCT ND) is one of the 26 Dioceses of ELCT, with a population of 350,000 members. It comprises five deaneries (church districts), four of which are in Kilimanjaro and Manyara while the fifth one is in the Arusha Region. The ELCT ND calling is to proclaim the Gospel. Her work is manifested in social responsibilities including education, health, and economic development activities. The Church engages in education from nursery schools to the University: both primary and tertiary healthcare; environmental conservation programs: Livestock and Agriculture improvements and other social services. As a move towards self-reliance, the church runs a community bank, Savings and Credit Society (SACCOS) with 4,800 members from different beliefs, a bookshop, three guest hotels, and real estate as income generating activities.
ELCT ND seeks to employ a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Human Resources Officer. The Officer will manage day to day running of the HR activities and contribute to the accomplishment of good HR practices in the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development, implementation, and adherence to all human resource policies and procedures
- Maintain the work structure by updating all job descriptions and position changes as necessary
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Assess staff training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Works with leadership to develop and maintain a pay plan by conducting regular compensation analysis: recommends pay structure revisions when necessary
- Interpret and advice on employment law
- Develop a simplified filling system of personnel records.
- Support the full employee cycle of recruitment, induction and exit. Place adverts for recruitment, contact shortlisted candidates, arrange interviews and conduct background checks.
- Strong drive for high performance.
- Good Communication skills – fluent in Swahili and English, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related fields.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in Human Resources in a reputable organization/institution.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
Method of ApplicationPlease submit your application to the address [email protected] . Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of 4 pages maximum. The document name should start with your name and include the position you apply for. Certificates are not of interest at this stage but should be brought during the interview. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. Interviews will take place by Mid- June 2022. If you do not hear from us, within 3 weeks after the dead-line for applying as set below consider your application unsuccessful. ELCT ND reserves the right to make an appointment/contact.
Application deadline is Wednesday, 1st June 2022.