Human Resources and Administrative Officer at Afya Plus
- Company: Afya Plus
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
Afya Plus is a local Non-Governmental Organization registered under NGOs Act no.24 of 2002 in Tanzania. Afya Plus is an affiliate of IntraHealth International Inc, a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, with more than 40 years of experience in over 100 countries in health systems strengthening and service delivery. As a local affiliate, Afya Plus brings a deep understanding of the country context and offers a route towards local self-reliance, working to be a key partner of the Government of Tanzania (GoT). Afya Plus envisions a community with quality health care services for everyone, achieved by strengthening the quality and accessibility of Tanzania’s health care system, working in partnership with the GoT, civil society organizations, for-profit firms and other key stakeholders to support improved service delivery outcomes in the country. Afya Plus is in the Tohara Plus project consortium led by IntraHealth International that supports the GoT to stregthen and accelerate the scale- up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for maximum public health impact with funding support from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Afya Plus is soliciting applications from excellent candidates to fill the Human Resources and Administrative Officer position based in Dar-Es- Salaam, Tanzania.
Summary of Role:
The Human Resources and Administrative Officer shall be responsible on providing Human Resources, Administrative and operations support to Afya Plus. He/she will be responsible to provide guidance on interpreting and implementing Human Resources policies, rules and regulations as well as ensure consistence adherence to the Human Resources related legal framework. He/she will be responsible to oversee administrative and operations portfolio within Afya Plus. The incumbent of this position will work under the overall supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
Key Responsibilities Human Resources:
- Interpret and review Human Resources policies, rules and regulations as well as standard procedures;
- Review candidate applications for advertised vacancies, schedule and administer interviews;
- Determine entitlements, issue contracts and ensure the correct payment of salaries according to existing Staff Rules and Regulations; process all types of personnel transactions;
- Provide guidance, training and daily supervision to other support staff in the area of responsibility;
- Arrange for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day personnel matters; participate in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interpret and assess the impact of changes, and make recommendations for follow-up action;
- Review the contractual status of all staff in order to ensure contracts are prepared on timely basis and reviewed before the deadline;
- Oversee the data input into personnel-related databases and provide guidance on data input and validation;
- Prepare correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant personnel; matters; review correspondence prior to clearance by the Executive Director as appropriate;
- Create, check and maintain personnel files for all staff at location, ensuring all documentation is complete; maintain and file confidential personnel information and documents, ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files;
- Ensures that all newly hired employees in the office have gone through formal orientation about the organization and the job; Provide advice to managers on organisation planning, job design;
- Administer staff entitlements, allowances, benefits and incentives;
- Co-ordinate the performance management process; Recommend for new or adapted Human Resources policies and procedures;
Administration and Operations:
- Briefing/debriefing staff members on issues relating to a variety of administrative areas, e.g., personnel actions, visas, licenses, documentation procedures and practices, administrative procedures, etc.;
- Assist in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintain necessary budgetary control records;
- Provide administrative support in procurement of equipment and supplies as per laid down procedures making recommendations and following up to ensure that procedures are strict adhered to the organizations and donors/USG policies.
- Ensures regular and timely payments for utilities, staff mobile airtime, staff medical insurances etc.
- Ensure the efficient running of the office including IT systems and other equipment.
- Maintain updated inventory registry, filing and recording systems of the organization;
- Provide support in the preparation and implementation of systems and procedures for the procurement of all supplies, goods, works and services;
- Manages office supplies and keeps update records of office stationery and other supplies.
- Manage the office petty cash in accordance with approved financial procedures and regulations.
- Assist to secure relevant and adequate insurance in order to minimize risk and liabilities to the organization (staff medical, vehicle insurance, etc).
- Set up internal controls and security;
- Supervise support staff as required
- Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) or post graduate degree with experience and advanced training/ courses in one or more of the following disciplines: Business administration, human resources management or other related areas;
- At least 3-5 years post graduate, progressively responsible job- related experience in business administration, human resources or public sector management.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentiality Previous experience working with CDC funded project or NGOs is advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills,
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Kiswahili required
Method of Application
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime contact telephone numbers and email address, as well as names and contact information of three referees should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] indicating the job you are applying for in the Subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is May 31st, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Afya Plus seeks to fill this position with the right person as soon as possible. Succesful candidate will be required to report one month after receiving an employment offer.