Human Resources Advisor at HJFMRI-T
- Company: HJFMRI-T
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS, and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe and Ruvuma for VMMC services only. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Position : Human Resources Advisor (1 Position)
Reports to : Senior Manager, Human Resources
Location : Mbeya
Duration : 12 Months (with an option to renew based on the availability of funding and need)
The Human Resource Advisor is responsible for ensuring all Human Resources functions within HJFMRI Tanzania align with the demands of having a motivated and committed workforce. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring a meritocracy in recruitment, developing and devising appropriate training and development plans tailored to make staff competent to their roles, ensuring an effective performance management system in place that supports the realization of the program (PEPFAR) targets. It also needs him/her to have a broad knowledge of employee movements within the organization and be well versed with employee’s contracts management and management of employees exit as per Laws governing employment relations in Tanzania. The position needs an individual with outstanding knowledge of Human Resources operations in an international NGO setting and an understanding of Tanzania labor law.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer HR policies and practices relating to employment, employee relations, salary administration, benefits administration, orientation, and employee services. Participate in development, implementation, and revision, as needed.
- Plan human resources in conjunction with Heads of Departments by coordinating staff placement, restructuring, deployment, and redeployments to ensure appropriate utilization of the available human resources. This may include advising on the best HR practices related to recruitment, training and development, performance appraisal, compensation, and benefits.
- Maintain compliance with Tanzania employment and benefits laws. Advises on issues related to labor matters and represent the organization to CMA and labor tribunals when necessary.
- Assist supervisors in developing Key Performance Indicators ‘KPIs’ for staff by ensuring the appraisal process contributes to the organization’s performance.
- Advise the management about the steps needed to take any disciplinary action against a staff member according to HJFMRI policies and procedures. Assist in conducting investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Point of contact for all HJFMRI personnel issues, managing personnel records, and general HR files and ensuring their confidentiality.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested that underpin the Organizations’ vision and values while considering the credibility and reputation of the HR department
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in an international NGO setting.
- In-depth knowledge of Tanzania Labor Law and HR best practice
- Knowledge of HR systems, Microsoft Office, and databases.
- Good report writing skills and the ability to make recommendations for improvements.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a diverse team as well as independently
- Good oral and written communications with the ability to initiate and draft correspondence
- English language fluency required.
Method of ApplicationCover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through e-mail to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”.
Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted.
The deadline for submitting the application is December 31, 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description above, will not be considered.