Human Resource Officer – Kasulu at Church World Service
- Company: Church World Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
CWS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- Develop, update and ensure effective implementation of new hires on-boarding and training programs.
- Conduct new hire on boarding ensuring the new hires have understood the policies and procedures, sign offs and other on boarding materials.
- Conduct quality check before a new employee reports to work by verifying the Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance Certificate/MIE and conduct background checks and Hire right for international staff.
- Create, arrange and maintain recruitment records per CWS Africa policy
- Create and maintain physical personnel files for TZ-Sub Office staff and file any relevant documentation
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of employee data regarding initial hire, transfers, promotion and terminations, on to the established Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and ensure the same is captured in the payroll system.
- Work with HR Assistant to ensure staff list (for CWS Africa staff) is up to date when there have been staff changes (new hires, promotions, deletions, etc. and save the same on the file server by end of every month.
- Ensure statutory documents are provided and relevant forms filled by the new hire.
- Administers staff pension scheme, ensuring completeness of relevant documents and liaising with finance payroll processing contact and fund administrator. Ensure pension forms have been submitted to the fund administrator before the payroll is concluded.
- Work with Unit heads in regards to updating the JDs, placing adverts and take through the entire recruitment and hiring process including participating in interviews.
- Prepare staff contracts and monitor expiry of the same. Liaise with managers/head of units to update them of the same.
- Work with Unit Supervisors, to identify and notify staff in advance of the contracts that are not being renewed.
- Oversee CWS Africa staff medical and other insurance coverage. This includes but not limited to enrolment, deletions, issuance of medical cards, trainings, debits, credits, evacuations.
- Ensure staff receive relevant and timely feedback regarding any changes requested on benefit covers
- Act as a point of contact between TZ Sub Office staff and benefit providers.
- Keep staff well informed on general benefit cover information or updates such as changes to Pension scheme rules and or Medical Insurance rules.
- Assist with selecting the appropriate vendors and benefit covers in the annual re-broke exercise
- Responsible for the editing, creation and maintenance of HR SOP’s that are aligned with CWS Africa policies as well as the domestic labor laws and standards of Tanzania
- Ensure field staff and any other traveling staffs are informed of the relevant travel vaccinations to be taken and facilitate the same for a group.
- Establish schedules for all medical and other insurance renewals, monitor and record timelines.
- Maintain an accurate staff/dependent medical list on monthly basis and update payroll office on the deductions to be made.
- Keeps a track of payments made to the different insurances on yearly basis. Share the payment report on quarterly basis.
- Work with HRM to ensure international staff/dependents have been enrolled on medical and other insurances accordingly and provide support to international staff in Africa.
- Develop process flow of all relevant HR processes and procedures including SOP and conduct training of the same.
- Track applicant flow, maintain eligibility list (in liaison with hiring manager) of qualified candidates for future consideration, help collect and analyze recruitment data.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to ensure effective administration of CWS Africa Human Resources section so as to meet the program’s objectives and maintain high professional standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human resource management or related field
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource is strongly preferred.
- Eight (8) years of paid work experience required.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in a HR position in a busy HR office is required.
- One (1) year experience managing medical and other staff insurance covers preferred.
- One (1) year managing recruitment both nationally and internationally preferred.
- Previous experience working with an International NGO strongly desired.
- A member of Human Resource Management association or related preferred.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled at learning new technologies quickly.
- Skilled at analyzing processes and translating them into automated solutions.
- Committed to exceptional customer service.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Skilled at working in a matrix structure.
- Highly collaborative.
- Committed to and conform with the organization’s mission.
- The Human Resources Officer must have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English language;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity of personnel records;
- Interpret and apply good HR practice and principles with good judgment;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Contribute to the US Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa and entire CWS Africa programs.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain high performance standards with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS Africa.
- Understands how to deliver and support robust compensation & benefits programs.
- Has the ability to be a member of the HR Team that delivers and supports best practice employee relations to all staff.
Additional Disclosure clause
- A clear police clearance background check is required before the start of employment.
- Must be legally eligible to work full time in Tanzania.
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 September 2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th September , 2021.