Human Resource Officer at Traffic WWF
- Company: Traffic WWF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER – Africa
TRAFFIC is seeking to hire a competent and motivated Human Resource Officer – Africa based in Arusha, Tanzania.
The HR Officer – Africa will provide guidance, advice and general Human Resources (HR) support for TRAFFIC offices based in Africa. Overseeing all elements of the employee lifecycle for TRAFFIC staff, the role will either provide services directly or liaise with the host organisation to ensure recruitment. Inductions, contracting, performance management and HR policies and processes are in place and complied with.
The role will work closely with the Head – Global HR to provide an efficient HR service to TRAFFIC staff and provide support to the Programme Office Directors.
HR Information Management
- Ensure all TRAFFIC HR policies, procedure and forms are complied with and consistently used. Where necessary, updated regularly in line with local labour laws.
- Maintain and update electronic personnel files, including payroll information, ensuring confidentiality and compliance with TRAFFIC’S data protection regulations.
- Review and grade job descriptions in line with TRAFFIC’S position evaluation process to ensure organisation consistency.
- Manage the recruitment process including advertising, shortlisting, interviewing and job offer, ensuring all necessary immigration and legal checks are made and local laws complied with. (If hosted, the host will conduct the immigration and legal checks and may be involved in the interview/job offer process).
Contract Management including Compensation and Benefits
For offices where we directly employ staff:
- Responsible for drafting and ensuring legal compliance on offer letters, contracts and administration for all types of employment (permanent, temporary, consultancy, volunteers etc).
For offices where we work with a host organisation:
- Responsible for liaising with the host on the monitoring and reviewing of contractual arrangements to ensure they are aligned with TRAFFIC’S expectations.
REQUIREMENTS / EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE
- Strong experience working in a generalist HR position in a NGO organisation or charity.
- Knowledge of employment laws in Tanzania and ideally in South Africa, Cameroon, Madagascar and Angola.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Strong clear and concise communication skills, must be approachable, friendly and open minded about different cultures and ways of working and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English, other languages skills desirable.
- Strong IT skills, word, outlook and excel skills essential.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th August, 2021.