Human Resource Officer at The International Rescue Committee
- Company: The International Rescue Committee
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req11540
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of work:
To ensure implementation of the Policies and Procedures and provide day-to-day administrative support to IRC Kasulu office and staff based in Makere.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure availability of sufficient office stationary & consumable supplies for both office and expert houses for the latter. Control (including budget) and monitor use of office supplies in collaboration with Supply Chain Department
- Responsible for office equipment usage (photocopiers, printers, duplicating machine etc.) and report any breakdown to Senior HR Manager and or Supply chain department
- Ensure the tracking and updating staff database including Annual leave, ED’s, Annual Leave allowance, training and Time sheets are completed, submitted and documented.
- Ensure a proper central filing & tracking systems of documents as per IRC filling system. Assist in ensuring statutory deductions and its remittance are done according to appropriate laws, includes submission to TRA [PAYE & Payroll levy], NSSF [employer & employee contribution] and any other deductions as per governing laws
- Ensure all new staff have the social security registration and Bank account number and supervise the process by making sure that necessary application forms are completed/ filled.
- To support the SHRM in compilation of monthly and weekly HR reports.
- Support on ensuring proper payroll information is shared with the SHRM each month as per the deadline set
- Lead in recruitment process for refugee (incentive) staff and participate in general recruitment as assigned by supervisor [from advertising, short listing, interviewing and hiring as required and to national staff where requested
- Support the workday HR information system, making sure all information are up to date and shared where appropriate
- Ensure staff welfare is maintained, closely work with the social welfare committee to identify gaps regarding staff welfare
- Ensure proper cleanness of the staff compound and offices including tidiness of working spaces
- Responsible for Incentive payroll and ensuring timely payment of incentive Allowances
Human resource/Admin duties
- Supervise Office Attendants, and Cleaners to ensure the office, staff compound and expert staff houses environment is clean and ready in time for usage and accommodation –and presentable as per IRC requirement.
- Ensure time and efforts forms are prepared and distributed to staff timely. Ensure time sheets are checked and payroll completed as per finance department instructions to all staff including incentive ones
- Assist the Senior HR Manager in processing and tracking National Staff employment contracts, job applications and other necessary recruitment documents including Job Descriptions
- Support the Snr HR Manager in regard to working permits, visa and other form of registration
- Support the SHRM in facilitating orientation of new staff on policies and procedures.
- Advise the SHRM on general staff issues, i.e. Training need, staffing level for National staff as well as Incentive staff.
- Initiating staff training/capacity building needs assessment and advising the SHRM on the way forward for those needing capacity building
- Assist the SHRM on performance management evaluation tracking when due.
- BVA operator for all office and administrative lines and develop a spending plan for these lines to ensure timely spending of the budget lines.
- Ensure staff compound, office/expert houses internet, DSTV is tracked and paid in time.
- Support the SHRM in coordinating administrative support for visitors and expat staff coming into Kasulu/Kigoma (arrangement of accommodation, communication and welfare).
- Assist the SHRM in all required administrative and secretarial work, including typing documents/reports, filling correspondence, photocopying and supplying resource materials, drafting letters and other materials (e.g. memos) etc.
- Maintain smooth flow of information and communication in the office receiving and channeling all correspondence to the appropriate persons internally and externally
- Support the Senior HR Manager in organizing the KMM meeting – on weekly basis and other meetings including monthly staff meetings as scheduled and prepare related minutes.
- Support the reception team in ensuring that visitors are received with courtesy interviewed and are directed accordingly. Ensure that the reception team Controls Telephone and channels to appropriate offices and prepare telephone and fax bills on monthly basis
- Ensure quality management of assets and other items procured including stationery, fuel, vehicles etc
- Support the SHRM in ensuring that all staff have adequate and habitable office space and identify industrial hazards within the working space
- Support SHRM in making bookings for meetings for both programs and operations teams as periodically requested and ensure participant’s lists are generated and meals provided are worth value for money.
- Follow up on unpaid bills for accommodation and other bills with our suppliers related to accommodation, meetings and conference services rendered to our staff and visitors incurred by the office
Security / Communication
- Monitor security issues at the field of work and report to the Head of Office
- Ensure all offices are fumigated frequently
- Ensure all doors and windows are well securely closed before leaving the office
- Closely follow up the work of the security company in collaboration with Supply chain security focal persons.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree or advanced Diploma in Administration, Human Resources management or equivalent qualification.
- Proven two years’ experience in office related duties or human resources duties with good command of English and Kiswahili.
- Traceable good record of work and conduct I your previous work with other organisations/employer
- Must have computer skill and be able to work under pressure.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th January, 2021.