Human Resource officer at TAWLA
- Company: TAWLA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Human Resource officer will be responsible for administer policies and activities designed to provide and maintain an adequate flow of qualified personnel. He/she is also responsible for coordination of administrative duties. He/She will ensure TAWLA total compliance with all matters related to statutory requirements and on behalf of TAWLA will liaise with relevant authorities in the course of ensuring compliances.
TANZANIA WOMEN LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (TAWLA)
Tanzania Women Lawyers Association (TAWLA) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was formed primarily as a guild to promote and advance legal and constitutional rights of women. The aims and objectives of the organization are: to advocate for gender equality, promotion of human dignity and gender justice through policy, legal and institutional reforms, community action and media engagement. From that context, TAWLA envisage a society that respects and upholds the rights of women and her mission is to promote and protect the rights of women and good governance through legal empowerment.
TAWLA seeks to recruit experienced staff members to fill in four vacant positions for the anticipated USAID-Tanzania funded project titled “Mwanamke Imara”. The purpose of this project is to effectively engage and empower women and young people to be resilient to violence and discrimination by strengthening women and youth economic groups and their members with skills, knowledge, and resources relevant to support their economic activities including agriculture, strengthening women and young people voices and participation in governance and decision making structures within their community. Further the project seeks to increase access to social, political, cultural and economic justice for women and young people and victims of gender based violence. These positions are subject to availability of funds.
Duties and responsibilities:
- a) Provide support in the management of existing staff, human resource operations, processes and systems to help ensure effective human resource service delivery.
- b) Maintain TAWLA’s human resource records as per the required standards and policies.
- c) Monitor and update staff employment contracts, position changes, resignations and staff transfer to different areas of operations as per the approved guidelines and ensure effective information flow to the field offices.
- d) Coordinate staff performance management, staff development and staff relations as per human resource policies.
- e) Participate in staff interview sessions when required and provide guidance to the interview reports and interview assessment tools and documents used for the TAWLA recruitment process.
- f) Administer and monitor various TAWLA staff benefits such as medical insurance, staff leaves, staff safety etc.
- g) Administer, monitor and provide support in the timely administration of the monthly TAWLA payroll for all staff as per the organization standards.
- h) Ensure follow up on processing and payment of all TAWLA statutory payments as required in compliance with the laws of Tanzania; e.g. PAYE, social security fund, Workers Compensation fund (WCF), Higher education student loan board (HESLB) repayments etc.
- i) Provide technical guidance to TAWLA staff on employment related issues, grievance and disciplinary procedures and promote sound employer / employees’ relationship.
- j) Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- k) Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- l) Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- m) Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- n) Develop training and development programs
- o) Assist in performance management processes
- p) Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- q) Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- r) Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- s) Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or related fields of study.
Working experience of at least 2 years, in an NGO environment, would be an added advantage.
Demonstrate understanding and proficiency in the field of Human Resources management and the ability to work under minimum supervision.
Good understanding of the legal requirements of the United Republic of Tanzania, relating to Human resources, Labor laws, and Administrative laws.
Good interview, negotiation, listening and counseling skills.
Good understanding of employment-related statutory requirements, organization policies system and management.
Excellent planning, coordinating and reporting skills with the ability to organize complex workloads.
Ability to maintain confidentiality with a higher aim of professionalism.
Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft office package.
Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Method of Application
To apply, please send your application (CV and Cover letter) to [email protected]
(Deadline 22nd October 2020 1700HRS)
- TAWLA is an equal opportunity employer
- Applicant must have never been convicted of a violation of children’s rights
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 22, 2020