Human Resource Officer at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION TITLE: Human Resource Officer (1 post)
LOCATION: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Human Resource Manager
Position Summary: The Human Resource Officer will be reporting to the Human Resource Manager responsible for the provision of comprehensive guidance on all HR matters. She/he will be assisting the HR Manager to perform the functions of the Human Resources department including coordinating recruitment, administering staff benefits and enforcing MDH policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the recruitment and selection activities including formulation of job descriptions, advertising and management of interview process including collection of references for successful candidates.
2. Ensure all relevant on boarding documentations for each position per policies are received on or before first day of employment and are verified. 3. Prepare various HR related correspondences and communications.
4. File all important HR documents in appropriate files as guided by the HR Manager, making sure all personnel files always remain under lock.
5. Coordination and delivery of HR related management training and induction programs.
6. Manage staff wellness matters including medical and life insurance, coordinate preparation of Identification Cards together with Business Cards for new employees as required.
7. Collaborate with the Senior HR Officer in completion and submission of timesheets on monthly basis and in a timely manner.
8. Manage absenteeism for both short- and long-term absences in line with HR policies and prepare employee work attendance reports on monthly basis for management decision.
9. Maintain employees leave system and advise staff on the importance of taking break from time to time thus avoiding unnecessary accumulation/loss of leave.
10. Follow up on employees’ probation periods and associated performance reviews towards confirmation in their job positions. Assist with coordination of performance management trainings to both new and old employees as scheduled including preparation of report on Performance Evaluations.
11. Manage employee exits and end of contract procedures.
12. Assist HR Manager in processing of payroll, other employment benefits and statutory deductions including WCF, NSSF etc.
13. Assist in preparation of report on the annual employee engagement survey to ensure feedback from employees is collected and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement.
14. Perform other work related duties as may be required by the Management and supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources Management or related social science.
2. Possession of postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
3. A minimum of Four (4) years’ human resource generalist experience preferably from a fast paced environment.
4. Excellent knowledge of current Tanzania Labour Laws.
5. Conversant with payroll process and its related statutory deductions and payments.
6. Demonstrable capability of handling confidential HR information.
7. Must have HR professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
8. Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to multi task.
9. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
10. Experience in working with Human Resource Information systems.
11. Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.