Human Resource Manager at Ubongo
- Company: Ubongo
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Reports to: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
Location: Dar es Salaam with offices in South Africa and the US
Ubongo is building brains and building change for families across Africa through fun edutainment on accessible technologies. We’re a social enterprise founded and based in Dar es Salaam, and we broadcast our shows Akili and Me and Ubongo Kids across the continent.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices and ensuring that we are always remaining compliant to local laws.
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED TO BE:
- Bachelor or Masters in Human Resources and at least 3-5 years working experience.
- Knowledge and experience (mandatory for Tanzania and added advantage of knowledge for South Africa, Kenya and the US) in: employment laws, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Someone who is sensitive to and understands organizational culture as well as have the ability to understand and be sensitive to different backgrounds of employees and overall company culture, as well as lead the upholding of a positive culture.
- Communication skills – Take initiative and be confident to interact and liaise on sensitive issues at all levels. Listen, explain, challenge and support people.
- Curiosity and Openness – someone who keeps up to date on the international news, culture and peoples of other countries.
- Team player & cross cultural awareness – Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders, is able to work in a dual office model.
- Displays dedication and prioritizes problems by considering the impact on the organization; identifies quick-wins and is able to quickly recover from losses.
- Discretion – Respect confidentiality when required on sensitive matters. This is essential given the nature of the job.
- Acts as a people developer.
Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management and to remain well versed in all applicable employment laws.
Recruitment, On-boarding and Off-boarding.
Training and Development (assess capacity building, culture, diversity and inclusion training opportunities).
Implement and revise (as appropriate) company’s compensation and benefits program across all Ubongo geographies.
Bridge management and employee relations.
Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
Develop, implement and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, policies and procedures across the organization aligned with the overall business strategy.
Manage HRIM Systems.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th August, 2021.