Human Resource Manager at GLAMI
- Company: GLAMI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
GLAMI mentors secondary school girls in Tanzania to complete their education, develop into confident leaders, and transform their own lives and their communities. We equip girls to overcome challenges and reach their full potential because educated girls create lasting positive change. The outcome is proactive, resilient, and socially-responsible girls who secure better jobs, raise healthier families, and increase the standing of women in society.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (1 POST, ARUSHA/KILIMANJARO REGION)
This position will be responsible for the Planning, Developing and Managing the organization human resource.The Human Resources Manager will provide leadership to in leading the Human Resources department for overall management and implementation of GLAMI’s Human Resources Policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Tools; and ensure compliance with Tanzania labor laws. She will be the go-to person for all employee-related issues and her main duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management. People are our most important asset at GLAMI and this manager will be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives by promoting the organization’s values and shaping a positive culture.
The Human Resource Manager is a full-time renewable contract position with GLAMI Tanzania, reporting to the GLAMI Director of Operations. This position will serve three regions, Arusha Kilimanjaro and Morogoro.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Attract, retain and develop talent
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants and negotiate contracts and salaries; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Organize and conduct onboarding of new employees and volunteers through training sessions, orientations, and the distribution of informative materials
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Spearhead internal staff communications, team-building and employee engagement activities.
Design and Implement the performance management system
- Oversee the performance management system and lead its processes.
- Coordinate and conduct staff training on the performance management system, the set metrics and performance expectations for each employee.
- Monitor and develop staff performance throughout the year.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the performance evaluation process.
- Ensure communication and engagement of employees through proper processes of giving and receiving feedback.
Ensure compliance to HR Policies and Processes
- Create, update, and oversee the implementation of HR practices within the organization to ensure high employee retention and work satisfaction
- Ensure, file and update of all staff personnel and statutory documents and ensure that all staff information is properly kept, updated, and confidentiality maintained.
- Introduce workplace policies and communication channels that address employees’ and volunteers’ concerns and complaints.
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution and act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures to ensure equality, fairness and compliance of legal and labor regulations and requirements
- Monitor changing employment and compensation regulations to ensure all HR practices are legally compliant
- Maintains compliance with national and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
You have the right cultural fit to work with the team at GLAMI if you are passionate about girls’ education and have a genuine desire to inspire others and to act as a role model for Tanzanian girls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration, or related field, with a minimum of three years of human resource management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including, recruitment, compensation, performance management, safety, and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with Tanzania employment regulations Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HR tools – HRIS Systems
Note: These positions are only open to Tanzania females. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Kisa Alumnae who have successfully done a Leadership Immersion /2 Day Challenge are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationTo apply, please submit a resume and a one page cover letter to [email protected]
Deadline for application is 27th January 2023.