Human Resource Coordinator and Compliance Officer at Silverleaf Academy
- Company: Silverleaf Academy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Organization: Silverleaf Academy Ltd, Tanzania
Location: Silverleaf Academy Usa River Campus, Tanzania
Position: Human Resources & Compliance Coordinator
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: 2 years
Line Manager: Head of Finance and Administration
Direct Reports: None
Silverleaf Academy is a chain of affordable private pre-primary and primary schools, educating
children aged 3-14. Our mission is to provide lower-middle-income families in Tanzania with the
highest quality learning at the most affordable levels. Using the national Tanzanian curriculum,
Silverleaf schools deploy an inclusive, tech-supported curriculum inside every classroom, and
adopt an innovative team-teaching approach and in-service training program. Our schools are
specifically designed to build both student academic competencies and wider life, leadership, and
learning skills. It is our promise to our students and their parents that Silverleaf students will not
leave school without full mastery of the basic skills of writing, reading and math, while also being
prepared for a world where critical thinking, team collaboration, and entrepreneurship are
paramount. Silverleaf currently has one fully operational campus in Usa River serving
approximately 400 pre-primary to standard 7 students. By January 2025, the target is to grow the
Usa River campus to over 1,00 daycare up to standard 7 students. In addition, the organization
will set the foundation for the acquisition of two new campuses serving a further 500 students by
January 2025. For this rapid growth and scaling phase, the organization requires a capable and
professional Human Resources and compliance Coordinator to provide support in building and
The Human Resources and compliance Coordinator at Silverleaf Academy is entrusted with fostering
a harmonious and productive work environment for our diverse team of over 6 0 professionals across
multiple sites. This pivotal role is dedicated to optimizing HR operations, ensuring compliance with
labor regulations, and championing employee well-being. By overseeing critical functions such as
payroll, performance assessments, recruitment, and staff welfare, the Coordinator plays a key role in
the growth and success of the organization. Through meticulous record-keeping, policy enforcement,
and insightful analytics, they facilitate a culture of continuous improvement.
Key Performance Indicators
1. Training Hours per Employee: number of hours of training and development for each
2. Employee Satisfaction Index: Employee contentment and engagement within the
3. Turnover Rate: percentage of employees who leave the organization over a specific period.
4. Time-to-Fill Vacancies: Average amount of time it takes to fill open positions within the
5. Compliance with HR Policies: Extent to which employees adhere to HR policies and
1. Payroll Management: Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll in compliance with local
regulations and organizational policies. Maintain payroll records, including tax deductions,
benefits, and leave balances.
2. Performance Appraisals: Develop, implement, and manage an effective performance appraisal
system. Provide guidance to managers and employees on performance evaluation processes.
3. Recruitment and Hiring: Coordinate the recruitment process, including drafting job descriptions,
advertising, shortlisting candidates, and conducting interviews. Oversee onboarding and
orientation processes for new hires.
4. Termination and Exit Interviews: Manage the termination process, ensuring compliance with
legal requirements and organization policies. Conduct exit interviews to gather feedback and
insights for continuous improvement.
5. Staff Welfare and Benefits: Administer employee benefits programs, including health insurance,
retirement plans, and leave policies. Monitor and enhance staff welfare programs to promote a
healthy work-life balance.
6. Compliance and Policies: Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations.
Develop and update HR policies and procedures in line with best practices and legal
7. Employee Relations: Mediate and resolve workplace conflicts and disputes. Provide advice and
guidance to employees on HR-related matters.
8. Training and Development: Identify training needs and coordinate professional development
opportunities for staff. Facilitate workshops or training sessions as required.
9. Record Keeping and Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR records, including
personnel files, attendance, and performance records. Generate HR reports for management
review and decision-making.
10. HR Metrics and Analytics: Establish and track key HR performance indicators (KPIs) such as
turnover rate, employee satisfaction index, training hours per employee, compliance with HR
policies, and time-to-fill vacancies.
Skills and Attributes
● Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
● At least three (3) years’ experience in HUman Resources Management in a Tanzanian context
● Strong knowledge of Tanzanian labor laws and regulations.
● Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
● Computer literacy and adaptability, including financial and human resource systems
● Desire to learn, innovate and build robust and impactful systems and processes
● Comfortable with using initiative and meeting targets in a in a fast-paced environment
● Passion for generating exceptional outcomes for young people in Tanzania
An essential part of the Silverleaf model is adherence to the core values of the organisation:
1. Lead the Way
2. Build for the Future
3. Ask Why and Why Not
4. Speak, Listen, and Learn
5. Unwavering Mission Focus
Method of ApplicationPlease send your Cv and Cover letter to [email protected]
Closing Date : 15th December, 2023.