HTS & HIV Prevention Service Delivery Officer at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks a qualified individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: HTS & HIV Prevention Service Delivery Officer
Reports to : HTS & HIV Prevention Service Delivery Advisor
Job Summary :
The HTS & HIV Prevention Service Officer works with and supports the HTS & HIV Prevention Service Delivery Advisor to ensure efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and HIV prevention services in her/his respective region, including accelerating index testing, focused PITC, linkage case management, PrEP services. She/he is responsible for the field implementation, coordination and reporting of all HTS & HIV Prevention initiatives in her/his respective region under the guidance of the HTS & HIV Prevention Service Delivery Advisor in collaboration with Senior Advisor Quality Services Delivery, other project staff and R/CHMTs and supported facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the HTS & HIV Prevention Service Delivery Advisor in implementation, M&E and reporting of HTS & HIV Prevention services under the USAID Afya Yangu Southern Program, in line with program work-plan.
- Support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities – such as accelerating index testing, focused PITC, linkage case management, PrEP services -in line with national guidelines.
- Provide TA to the R/CHMTs and supported facilities in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of HTS & HIV Prevention Services and related programs and services.
- Support HTS & HIV Prevention Service Advisor to asses and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in HTS & HIV Prevention services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with R/CHMTs.
- Support timely collection and submission of HTS & HIV Prevention Services data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Support the HTS & HIV Prevention Service Delivery Advisor in writing technical program documents including, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents.
- Support and advise HTS & HIV Prevention Service Delivery Advisor on all HTS & HIV Prevention Services issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- Doctor of Medicine degree/ Advance Diploma in Medicine or Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in public health program including 2 years’ experience technical expertise in HTS & HIV Prevention program at regional level
- Work experience in PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the HTS & HIV Prevention program.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 80% of time.
Applications should be submitted to the system 30th September 2022.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September , 2022.