HTC Counsellor at Tanzania Health and Development Initiative (THDI)
- Company: Tanzania Health and Development Initiative (THDI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Under supervision of HTS Focal person, the HTS Counsellors will play a role of Conducting HIV Testing and counselling across the range of community based settings include MJ, moonlight, Index and HIVST Testing while observing Quality and Ethical Index testing services and monitoring of the Intimate Partner Violence IPV. The HTS Counsellors will closely work with Peers educators and CBHS Providers in identified hotspots of Songwe District of Songwe Region. Will make sure all HIV Positive clients are linked for ART services to the health facilities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Participating in identification of hotspots for key and vulnerable populations
- Working closely with Peer educators and CBHS providers to sensitize the key and vulnerable groups to test for HIV to the community
- Conducting outreach HIV testing services to target groups i.e. KP, mobile testing, MJ, moonlight, HIVST and index testing services in all identified hotspots
- Documenting all HIV testing services and timely updating all registers related to HIV testing services
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports for all HIV Testing services conducted by each HTS
·Working closely with CBHS to identify GBV cases at the community and link at the facilities and post-follow-up.
- Identify and link clients for PrEP services and retention of clients on treatment.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Diploma in Nursing or clinical Medicine from health recognized college / University with relevant Authority registration. Advanced Diploma is an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in HIV Testing and counselling services.
- Experience in writing reports related to HIV and or HIV Testing services
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you are the ideal candidate, please submit by email only, your application letter and Curriculum Vitae detailing your experiences and contact (phone number, email) of three referees to: [email protected]. TANZANIA HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE, P.O.BOX 258 Rujewa, Mbeya. BY 23rd December 2022
THDI is an equal opportunity employer.We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion or any other factor. We appreciate all employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!