HR-Officer at Tanga Cement
- Company: Tanga Cement
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Position: HR Officer – Employee Relations & Wellness
Reporting to: Head of Human Resources
- Responsible for handling employee relations; ensuring positive relationship with union in line with company’s business values and objectives. The incumbent is also responsible for running schemes and programs that ensure smooth implementation of employee wellness, employee relations and employee feedback mechanisms.
- Assist the Head of HR to develop employee relations strategies, programs, policies, and procedures
- Manages all grievances and disciplinary cases in the company following company procedures
- Provide guidance and support on Labour Law matters and ER issues
- Monitor compliance of labour related laws in Tanzania, and keep abreast with regulatory changes
- Update management on labour related proceedings in all courts by or against the company
- Liaise with external lawyers and other agencies to ensure closure of labour cases
- Represents the company in various proceedings, and in negotiations with other government agencies.
- Support during litigations raised against the company
- Collaborate with various stakeholders such as external lawyers, employers’ associations, government institutions and divisions and departments heads to train employees on compliance of labour related laws.
- Contribute to the formulation of policies and design mechanisms to get employee feedback on practices, procedures, and policies
- Participate in the design of employee wellness strategies and advise on the improvement of related policies
- Oversee the employee medical scheme policy review, provide guidelines, norms, and procedures to employees
- Drive implementation of counselling Programmes and track performance on quarterly basis
- Ensure budgets related to company’s employee relations and wellness matters are managed in the most efficient way.
- Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially at areas of responsibility.
- Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify, and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area. Any other duties as may be assigned Line Management
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- If not LLB, must have a background in industrial relations
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and master’s degree in any related field will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Specific Experience
- At least a year experience in industrial relations and wellness activities ideally in a well-structured organization
- Good understanding of cement industry trends.
- Analytical skills; hands-on in interpretation and application of labour laws concepts to all stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent presentation skills, excellent organizational skills, good research skills, excellent negotiation skills, very good planning and organizing and time management, good computer literacy in MS Office suite, problem solving and good financial skills.
Tanga Cement Plc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Salary and Benefits
The Company offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience
Method of ApplicationSend your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to [email protected] , on or before Thursday 23rd June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.