HR Officer at Shanta Mining Company Limited
- Company: Shanta Mining Company Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title: HR OFFICER (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Human Resources Officer develop, advise on and implement HR policies relating to the effective use of people within Shanta Mining Co. Ltd. The aim is to ensure that Shanta Mining employs the right people, on the right roles in terms of capability, skills and experience etc., create encouraging environment for employees to work contentedly to achieve business objective and at the same time own satisfaction.
- The purpose of this role is to provide direct output support to HR Manager, through delivery of human resources transactional services to the department/s allocated in line with Shanta Mining HR policies, standards & systems and Labour relations regulations.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
The HR Officer provides support to HR Manager with the coordination of the HR services delivery to all departments. These include:
- In collaboration with line management promote safe working environment, culture and behaviours in your respective department of supervision.
- Helping Departmental line managers in developing and executing HR plans in terms of labour numbers, labour costs, labour productivity and efficiencies while considering immediate and long-term staff requirements in terms of numbers and skill levels.
Organisation Structure & Role Descriptions:
- Participates on the updates of organization structure and prepares roles description for your respective department/ section.
Ensure that every employee has a role description and every role within the structure is well defined.
Recruitment and selection:
-Assist line managers in updating role descriptions, preparing advertisements, checking applications, coordinating short listing, interviewing and providing feedbacks to candidates;
- Support managers in selecting suitable candidates, carry out security checks and references, preparing offer of appointments and conducting human resources induction.
Policies and procedures:
- Working closely with departmental managers, increasingly in a consultancy and monitoring role, assisting line managers to understand and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Answering departmental employees’ queries regarding the HR policies and procedures whenever arise, ensuring that the policies and procedures are aligned to the country labour
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management / Public Administration /Business Administration/ Social Sciences / Law. •Advanced Diploma in Public Administration, Management, Sociology, Manpower Planning, Human Resources Management or any other related field.
- At least 5 years experience in Human Resources, Administration and HR systems preferably in Mining industry or other related industry, with relatively large organization (over 700 employees)
Must have knowledge of:
- Knowledge of the Tanzanian Labour Laws (Employment and Labour Relations Act, 2014 and its Regulation) and employment practices.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 February, 2021