HR and Admin Manager at Alliance Life Assurance Ltd
- Company: Alliance Life Assurance Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
ALLIANCE LIFE ASSURANCE LTD
INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR THE POSITION OF:
HR and Admin Manager
We are looking for an experienced HR and Admin Manager to join our team!
As a HR and Admin Manager, you will be responsible for recruiting, on-boarding and talent acquisition and retention; training and development of staff; records management; performance management; planning, development, implementation and on-going evaluation of Human Resources policies and procedures, labour relations, logistics management, company insurance management, custody of company assets and other requirements. The incumbent will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Nature and Scope of the Position:
Recruitment, Talent Acquisition and Retention
Recruitment and appointment of appropriate candidates for a vacant position.
Preparing employment letters including offer of employment, renewal of contract, confirmation of employment letters.
Retention of staff through varied motivation and retention strategies.
Training and Development
To oversee that probationary staff receive proper training related to the positions they have been employed for.
Identify training needs for the staff and coordinate said trainings.
Support management with the implementation of the performance management system.
Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the Company training budget.
Maintaining employee training records.
Disciplinary Policy and Procedures
Guide the company on disciplinary procedures.
Reminding staff to observe to code of conduct (advice/verbal warning) and keep records of any formal disciplinary action taken e.g. warning letters/disciplinary transfers.
Managing all employees’ files
Managing employees’ daily attendance: to keep records regarding annual leaves, sick leave and absence into employee’s personal files.
To ensure that all employees’ particulars e.g. employment contracts, performance appraisal forms, salary increments, leave and loan forms, sick sheets, academic qualifications, record of disciplinary actions (i.e. warning letters) go into employees personal files.
To update annual leave schedules and plan and report on the status of employees leave and leave days outstanding.
Responsible for confidential record keeping and ensuring confidentiality in HR issues.
Performance Management and Appraisal
Preparing guidelines for performance management and effective performance appraisals.
Coordinating and participating in quarterly/bi-annually performance appraisal including planning and monitoring performance appraisals.
Ensure all company employees are well trained in the performance appraisal system.
To oversee the planning of official functions e.g. staff teambuilding, training sessions, and any other functions.
To ensure that all HR related matters including statutory requirements are compliant (including immigration, etc.).
Supporting Finance Department
To cross-check and approve payments of admin related procurement.
To ensure that all procurement follow the standard operating procedure set by the company.
To assist with the administration of payment for all statutory payments.
Ensure all staff are aware of the various staff benefits available and how they are administered.
Responsible for administering benefits plan, medical benefits and insurance, statutory deductions and working closely with the management on this aspect to ensure procedure is followed.
Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forward.
To advise managers and supervisors about steps in the progressive disciplinary system of the company.
Assists with the implementation of company health and safety programs.
· To oversee the planning of official functions e.g. staff teambuilding, training sessions, and any other functions.
Oversight of the Administration team.
Any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your up-line manager.
Education including specialized training
· A university degree in Human Resources or any other related field such as Organizational Psychology, Policy Management, Business Administration or Industrial Relations.
· A good standing academic record.
· Professional HR Certification will be an added advantage.
· At least 5 years’ experience: 2 of which must be at management level.
· A personality with practical skills and interest in maintaining good employer-employee relations.
· A passion to understand different aspects of Human Resources management and administration.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Excellent attention to detail and follow up, possess good judgment and integrity and able to remain patient in difficult situations.
· Excellent Interpersonal skills.
· Good listening skills.
· Highly effective and efficient in meeting commitments and achieving results.
· Hard working.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Certified Programs. A working knowledge of an HRM software is an added advantage.