HR and Admin Assistant at Danish Refugee Council
- Company: Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Title : HR and Admin Assistant
Category : MN. I
Location : Kibondo
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistances and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. Since 2015, as part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC works in the sectors of camp management, Community-Based Protection, livelihoods, General Food Distributions and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta & Nyarugusu camps.
HR Assistant, under the management and supervision Support Service Manager, you will be responsible for direct implementation of all HR issues in DRC Tanzania Kibondo and Kasulu office and in the camps
• To ensure Interpretation and adaptation of HR policy with the support from Support Service Manager ,
• Insure HR policies are in line with national legislation with with the support from Support Service Manager,
• To attend Dispinary hearing and to advice the commitee accordingly
• To make follow up on acting
• To prepare staff contracts and to review incentive contracts.
• Conduct and facilitate the recruitment process and selection procedure in close coordination with the with the relevant supervisers.;
• Conduct a session of orientation for new employees with organization policies, norms, values and work set up,
• Maintain personnel file,
• To maintain and update DRC’s human resources database (in Dynamics systerm);
• To maintain and update DRC’s staff directory;
• Prepare HR related monthly /quartely reports as required;
• Supervise and closely monitor the Leave Record of employees (in Dynamics systerm).
• Perform other Admin Issues as directed by supervisor.
• To follow up on staff wealfare
• To follow up on staff medical insuarrance for both national and international staff and their depedants in case of evacuation.
• Advice staff members on their rights,obligations,benefits,entitlements and assist them in interpreting DRC staff rules an regulations.
Direct reports: Support Service Manager
• Bachelor degree in Human Resource management or any other relevant field.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
• Flexibility in working hours when needed;
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
• Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
• Ability to communicate and write reports in English.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
Professionalism, impact & expertise
Humanitarian approach & the work we do
Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
Culture, values & strong leadership
Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.