HOD Brand And Communication at Vodacom
- Company: Vodacom
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
HOD Brand And Communication
To plan and coordinate all adverting, communication, media and sponsorships initiatives in coordination with the different marketing Heads and other functions if needed. To ensure all advertising campaigns and communications are fully in line with the company guidelines and standards as well as the brand values
• Work with the company’s senior executive leadership and product management teams to define, launch, and drive Vodacom Tanzania’s advertising campaigns.
• Assume primary responsibility for driving understanding of brand values, and development and execution of strategic campaigns.
• Assume responsibility for driving understanding of effective media strategy and the execution of media plans.
• Clearly define brand positioning and strategy to senior management and to the broader organization
• Ensure marketing and media budgets are managed within the company’s budget ensuring optimal return of investment
• Manage healthy working relationships with key business partners including adverting agency, media agency, media owners, production agencies and others.
• Undertake regular regional visits to understand the dynamics of the regional markets and recommend appropriate action on matters arising.
• Responsible for driving brand presence and communication across the market covering all areas: TV, radio, print, outdoor, retailers, social media
• Propose and manage effectively sponsorship programs for the company ensuring effective execution and maximizing return on investment
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Capacity planning and workforce plans
• Strong business acumen, including with an in-depth understanding of the contribution of the overall brand and communication to the business strategy.
• Excellent ability to influence, persuade, and negotiate skills in uncertain and dynamic environments
• Excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills, maintaining and extends networks both within and across organizational boundaries, as well as with external partners and suppliers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Bachelor in Marketing, Business Administration or other related social sciences
• Solid understanding of the Tanzanian mobile market and culture
• Should have at least 5 years of marketing or brand management experience in the telecommunication/FMCG industry
* Influences strategic decision making through providing leadership in creative excellence and ensures adherence to Brand positioning, identity development and campaign approval processes;
* Leads and manages a team who deliver the implementation of a range of high profile, largescale strategic Brand, communication and identity programmes across all channels, audiences and segments, which may be in conjunction with other Brand teams;
* May manage sponsorship deals, (e.g. managing ongoing rights, contractual and activation elements);
* Manages internal audiences and external agencies/vendors to ensure understanding of the Brand identity, interpretation and creative expression � challenging interpretation where required;
* Leads and collaborates with creative and brand communications vendors to develop ongoing briefs and manages the agency delivery;
* Defines the annual Brand plan, translating it into operational plans and campaigns;
* May create and manage delivery of ad-hoc campaigns (e.g. across consumer segments) and works with campaign teams to ensure consistency between all Brand / tactical advertising campaigns in terms of message and delivery;
* Builds strong relations and works closely with relevant departments (e.g. Consumer Business Units (CBU), Vodafone Business Units (VBU), Vodafone Foundation, Technology, Digital Marketing and CVM, etc.) on propositions;
* Uses advanced analytical thought to ensure Marketing Communications and Brand best practice is utilised within the team, beyond the team and educates stakeholders on best approach;
* May have accountability for budget in area.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th June, 2021.