HMIS and M&E Manager at Marie Stopes Tanzania
- Company: Marie Stopes Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care, and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, children, and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces. MST is an equal opportunity Employer.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for an active and qualified individual for the following role:
HMIS and M&E MANAGER
Reporting to Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Lead, the HMIS, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager has the responsibility to ensure that data is leveraged for informing, adapting, and strengthening programme delivery. The role will span a wide spectrum of health information system management (HMIS) and support, monitoring, and evaluation(M&E) responsibilities including ensuring that adequate systems and processes are in place for robust and high-quality data collection, monitoring and learning opportunities are embedded across all operational channels. The RME Manager will also ensure that the RME department generates accurate evidence that is relevant and timely, and feeds into and supports the organizations strategic roadmap.
Among Key Responsibilities:
|1. Overall team management: oversee RME core functions
|4. Ensuring evidence and insights lead to programme learning and adaptation relevant for strategy
- Degree in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Epidemiology/ Project Management or equivalent qualification from a reputable institution
- Post- graduate in social sciences/ health systems management/ monitoring & evaluation or other relevant qualification is highly desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- 3- year hands-on experience in managing health systems EHR, CLIC, DHIS2
- 5- year experience in working for an implementation-focused organization
- 5- year working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (essential), background in consulting role (desirable)
- Proven experience in designing and leading monitoring and evaluation systems for health programs
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative research
- Evidence of managing large studies in health or economics is desirable
- Adequate knowledge of Statistical software (SPSS/SAS/STATA) and qualitative software
- Strong or advanced Excel user (including development of dashboards, pivot tables, and VBA programming) desirable
- Strong team management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and verbal)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and in a highly dynamic environment
- Highly adoptive and able to work with partners and lead RM&E activities for programs implemented in consortia
- Successfully published research work as a principal or co-investigator desirable.
Method of ApplicationIf you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area
P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
E-mail: [email protected] Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Tuesday August 16, 2022. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.