HIV Technical Advisor -Data Quality Assessment (DQA) at l-TECH
- Company: l-TECH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
l-TECH is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work in partnership with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners. I-TECH supports development of skilled work forces and overall health systems strengthening with a focus on sustainability and transition to local ownership. I-TECH is committed to being anti-racist and promotes health and equity in health for all people worldwide.
The organization wishes to invite competent, highly qualified, experienced and dedicated professionals to fill the positions below. All positions are based in Dar es Salaam with a starting date of October, 2023
HIV Technical Advisor -Data Quality Assessment (DQA)(2)
HIV Technical Advisor -Data Quality Assessment (DQA) is responsible for insuring data quality control, assessment and audit at health facilities in Shinyanga, Pwani, Kigoma and Tanga. He/she will be accountable for a range of monitoring and evaluation process from validating data, monitoring and periodic DQA reporting. He/She is also responsible for implementation progress, timeliness of activities, overall quality, accuracy, and reporting of regional implemented activities. He/She is responsible ensuring consistent, high quality HIV Ql routine data assessment, analysis, and presentation needed to improve growth of the AFYA Hatua Program.
Key Responsibilities Include:
HIV Technical Advisor -Data Quality Assessment (DQA) will be responsible for the following.
Technical Assistance, Collaboration, and Support 50%
- Review of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) quality standards and data metrics against quality standards and complete a DQA checklist.
- Regularly review documentation related to data recording practices according to National Guidelines and data quality SOPs of Tanzania
- Apply DQA quality metrics, tools and approaches to assess the quality of recorded and reported data to ensure they are in line with national data quality guidelines and SOPs.
- Conduct monthly data quality audits of enrollment, transfers, defaulters, and deaths in the AH program using CTC2 analytic.
- Conduct onsite data quality checks and assessment at the selected facility level at least once per quarter.
- Prepare reports summarizing findings from the data quality assessment, including providing recommendations on how data quality can be improved.
- Compile, sort, and verity accuracy of data entered into registers, CTC2 data base and DHIS2.
- Review submitted data to detect accuracy problems, anomalies and its sources and propose mitigation plans.
- Conduct data analysis and prepare presentation needed to improve growth of the AFYA Hatua project.
- Resolve data questions, inaccuracies, and inconsistencies, and retrieve missing data from facility data sources.
- Ensure data triangulation between source registers, cards and forms against database or reporting system.
- Work with I-TECH Program team to implement course of corrections or redesign strategies and interventions to ensure consistently high-quality data related to all community- and facility-based services.
Project Management 35%
- Support Planning, organizing, and implementation of high-quality project activities in a timely and on-budget manner.
- Support the preparation of materials and data management for quarterly data quality assessment.
- Proactively collaborate with HQ office, MOH, THPS, CDC, and other stakeholders to implement project activities.
- Support development of annual project work plan and M&E plans with other program staff in Country and HQ
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding DQA, DHIS2, and all the HIV indicators to be tracked, Differentiated HIV care, Continuous Quality Improvement, Comprehensive Management of HIV and AIDS, Task sharing and routine Cryptococcal infection screening and treatment among People Living with HIV approaches worldwide and in Tanzania and ensure project activities’ relevance considering the strategic direction communicated by MOH, CDC, and other stakeholders/donors.
- Maintain thorough documentation of activities and deliverables.
- In collaboration with the I-TECH CO office and HQ, write program report to funders with data and lessons learned from implementation of regional activities.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Collaborate with other program staff to frame, document, and disseminate lessons across the I-TECH portfolio.
Other duties as assigned 5%
- Perform other professional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in strategic information, Monitoring and Evaluation, Clinical Medicine, public health, Nursing, or other related fields,
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in the field of health systems data management
- Knowledge of CQI, DSDMs, ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV and other HIV treatment approaches in Tanzania or other East and/or Sub-Saharan African countries is an added advantage.
- Experience working with Quality improvement projects.
- Knowledge of monitoring and assessment techniques and procedures
- Ability to translate data into visual outputs (graphs, charts, diagrams, tables, etc.)
- Demonstrated clear and concise writing and communications skills.
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively in a diverse environment.
- Ability to travel.
Experience in PEPFAR or other US government-funded programs is an advantage.