Highway Engineer at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Ref. No. TANR/RM/MAR/S1/3/VOLVII/138
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trank and Regional Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – MARA on behalf of Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project of Upgrading of Nyamuswa-Bunda-Kisorya-Nansio Road (121.9 Km) to Bitumen Standard; Lot 1; Nyamuswa -Bulamba Section (56.4km,Weigbridge stations and Regional Manager’s Office in Mara Region. Regional Manager TANROADS – Mara invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions:
POSITION TITLE: HIGHWAY ENGINEER (6 Months Contract)-l POST
Educational/ Professional Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in civil or highway Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/ Colleges.
- Must be registered as Professional Engineer with ERB
- A postgraduate qualification in highway engineering and experience in contact administration under FIDIC/PPRA Conditions of contract will be an added advantage,
- A National form TV/VI certificate.
- He/she must have a minimum of seven (07) years of specific experience related to road design and contraction,
- He/she must have served in a similar Capacity for at least two (2) project for contraction of bituminous roads of similar magnitude and complexity in the seven (07) years.
- In additional, He/she must have working experience of at least three (3) years in sub – Sahara Countries.
- Must be Computer literate
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Self-motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision.
- His/her duties shall comprise road surveys, construction of pavements structure, measuring of quantities and management of site operations.
Method of Application
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their hand written applications enclosing detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant education, professional certificates and birth certificate together with names of three Referees and their contact addressses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses,.so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 30,u September, 2020: time 4:30 pm. Applications vie e-mails, hand delivery and fax will not be considered.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 81,
Musoma – Mara.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.