Heavy Duty Equipment Technician at Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type:
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy (Uchumi wa Kati) by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company as follows:
HEAVY DUTY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN (1 Post).
- This person will be responsible for maintenance, diagnostics and repair on heavy equipment such as tractors, excavators, Lorries etc. He/she will be reporting to Workshop Supervisor
Duties and responsibilities Heavy Duty Equipment Technician:
- Plan service and maintenance of machines;
- Trouble shoot problems on machines and repair;
- Advise his/her Senior on the spares needed on the machines;
- Test drive the machines after repair;
- Train drivers and operator on good operation/driving techniques and management of machines; and
- Perform any other lawful duties as will be assigned to him/her from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of Trade Test certificate or full technician Certificate in Auto-Mechanics or equivalent coupled with provable on job training;
- More than 5years experience on heavy machineries such as tractors, excavators, lorries etc;
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills;
- Experience with sugarcane plantations will be an added advantage;
- Must care about the quality of work to be done and have customer satisfaction in mind;
- Must be safety conscious to avoid unnecessary accident;
Salaries and other Fringe Benefits for all these posts will be as per Mkulazi Salary Scales and Structures and in accordance with the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service of the company, 2019.
- ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION AND POSSES AN ORDINARY CERTIFICATE OR AN ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION OR ITS EQUIVALENT AND SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE 45 YEARS OF AGE.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED, P.O BOX 1079, MOROGORO. Deadline 7 June, 2020