Health Technical Advisor (HTA) at Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
- Company: Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body and an umbrella faith-based organization established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 30 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinates a network of more than 2000 church-owned health and education facilities. These include 105 large hospitals, more than 700 lower-level health facilities and 65 middle cadre health training institutions located at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
Currently, CSSC is in the 2nd year of implementing a project entitled “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA) Activity. This is 5-year Activity awarded project by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)- under the Cooperative Agreement No. 720662120CA00008 to CSSC. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities (HFs) and improve health service delivery by the CSSC network of church-based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population. Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH), HIV/TB services and other health related areas.
Overall, the HTA will coordinate health technical support services and provide technical advice and support on health service delivery. HTA will be engaged on monitoring the trends on health service delivery, continuous Quality Assurance and quality improvement initiatives, coordination of health related programs/projects and capacity building, compile sector information and reports, management and dissemination of information; establish and maintains excellent working relationships with counterparts within FBO facilities, Ministry of Health, PORALG and other local and International partner organizations to ensure effective networking, collaboration and coordination of CSSC national and regional health interventions. The position involves at least 60% field travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Policy compliance and implementation
- Health service delivery systems trends
- Quality assurance and improvement trends
- Visit the zones, Church health facilities and dioceses when and where possible to monitor implementation of health plans and program interventions, provide onsite mentorship/coaching where applicable, document best practise and challenges and share feedback on findings.
- Continuous Capacity building/training
- Support network of member FBO health facilities improve health service delivery and business operations; governance, leadership and adherence to guidelines and standards by operationalizing effective health systems.
- Training capacity needs assessment
- Promote utilization of continuing education and coordinate zonal technical/professional forums
- Outlining technical specifications on new policy guidelines
- Conduct desk research to identify technical issues and review of research proposals on Health and health related areas
- Compile and disseminate guidelines and standards and guide on implementation.
- Compile technical reports from health facilities, HTIs, implementation of HD activities and facilitate dissemination process of the same.
- Sector information management and dissemination
- Collect and analyze health information, data and progress/performance reports and other relevant information related to health and health related programmes from the network of health facilities, relevant stakeholders and share feedback and recommendations.
- Liaison and linkages on health technical issues with sector Ministries, zonal teams, dioceses health departments and faith-based facilities.
- Contribute to identification of strategic areas for health and health related Project/programme development and provide the necessary technical support to proposal development and programme work, studies, research and other Health related development initiatives
- Make follow-up on issues related to grants and subsidies to church Health institutions with health sector related Ministries and other partners
- Develop and implement strategies to improve quality of health service delivery and support member church health facilities to respond to & address issues or challenges related to QI and health service delivery.
- Work closely with FBO health facilities, government (R/CHMT) and other partners to identify resources and technical assistance needs, challenges in service delivery and jointly find solutions and or submit the reports to facility owners, sector ministries -Technical Working groups and other relevant authorities for further actions and decision making.
- Ensure timely preparations and submission of health department and health related Program/projects reports to be submitted to relevant authorities.
- Facilitate, promote and enhance networking and partnerships with other Health sector stakeholders and partners.
Bachelor Level degree in Medicine. Master’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage with 4-5 years working experience in a relevant position
- Previous experience working closely with Ministry of Health officials and in policy review or development/Health Systems Strengthening
- Previous experience working in a technical advisory capacity, and as part of a consortium of implementing partners, NGOs.
- Familiarity/ knowledge of applicable contexts of FBOs
Demonstrated Technical Skills
- Demonstrable technical expertise and working knowledge in HSS and health governance
- Excellent monitoring and evaluation skills
- Excellent coordination and networking skills
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle a large and dynamic workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English (spoken and written)
Computer/Other Tech Requirements
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to Travel: 50-60% of time
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2022.