Health Scientist III at Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS)
- Company: Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS), owned by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC), provides training for over 3,000 students. CUHAS is currently running programmes in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Medicine (MMed), Master in Public Health (MPH), Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing (M.Sc.PN), Master of Science in Clinical Microbiology and Molecular Biology (M.Sc. CMMB), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Bachelor of Science in Nursing Education (B.Sc.NED), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.N), Bachelor of Medical
Laboratory Sciences (BMLS), Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy (B.Sc. MIR), Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS), Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (DMLS) and Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography (DDR). CUHAS is looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following positions.
DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY & PHARMACOGNOSY
HEALTH SCIENTIST III 1 POST
- Qualification: Holder of Bachelor Degree in Laboratory Science and Technology or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution. Must be registered by respective Councils.
ii. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in all technical duties requiring a higher degree of planning, design and organizes practicals for undergraduate students
- Assist in research and development activities including consultancy activities
- To plan and supervise maintenance of Laboratory facilities/equipment
- Assist in maintenance of facilities
- Performs any other duties assigned by ones reporting officer
iii. Other skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English.
- Good Computer skills.
- Excellent communications, presentational and organizational skills.
- Personal organization and planning skills.
- Adaptability, Flexible and stress resistant.
- The ability to work in a team and independently.
The ability to work under minimum supervision
Successful candidates will be offered competitive packages and benefits in accordance with their qualifications and experience as per CUHAS Scheme of Service.
Method of ApplicationAll applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
Applications must be typed in English.
All application letters must be accompanied with detailed and current Curriculum Vitae, all relevant certificates and full transcripts. For applicants with foreign certificates, a recognition by TCU must be attached.
Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers or emails) of 3 credible referees must be provided.
The deadline is Saturday 10th September, 2022 at 04:30 pm.
Applications must be addressed and sent to:
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES (CUHAS)
P.O. BOX 1464,
Or E-Mail to: [email protected]