Health Promotion Officer x2 at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY
Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health
(MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services.
THPS has been awarded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through GlobalVax. The goal of the project is to improve COVID-19 uptake among general population, increase vaccine uptake to achieve a target of 1,070,857 (Kigoma-597,902 and Shinyanga-472.955) while strengthening the overall vaccine delivery system for long term impact on fighting vaccine preventable diseases.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below
Job Title: Health promotion officer (2 Posts)
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
Position Location: Kigoma and Shinyanga
The incumbent will assist the THPS; regional and district immunization and vaccine officers (R/DIVOs) in strengthening Covid-19 vaccine delivery and uptake among general population. Specifically, s/he will work with Regional Program Manager in strengthening community support for social behaviors change and improve systems for coordination and implementation of SBCC interventions of COVID -19 vaccination uptake in Kigoma and Shinyanga region and ensure GoT targets are reached and all data are entered into the Chanjo-Covid Database and internal monitoring system (Tanzania Health Promotion Supports Analytics System – TAS).
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Capacity and institutional Strengthening of which includes leading in developing implementation plans for the Capacity Strengthening and Community Support areas of the Project in collaboration with THPS;
- Providing technical support in the development and implementation of SBCC strategic documents including the SBCC Coordination Framework and SBCC Capacity Strengthening Framework;
- Regionalization of SBCC activities including coordinating the regional collaborative and periodic meetings of health promotion coordinators in all supported regions and districts;
- Supporting the community SBCC work carried out by Civil Society organization (CSOS) grantees in all supported regions;
- Coordination of SBCC work between the THPS Global Vax project and the MOH, including developing and maintaining coordination tool to ensure harmonization of joint schedules between all results areas of Global vax Project and all collaborating departments, units and health programs in the Ministry of Health (IVD and PORALG);
- Managing logistical, administrative and protocol issues required at THPS, MOH and PORALG for operationalization of the Global Vax Project work plan;
- Providing Technical assistance to the epidemic control program officer for capacity building and coordinating of Health Promotion issues regional and district levels on COVID-19 vaccination uptake.
- Facilitate COVID-19 vaccination activities/outreaches to the community in general population.
- Track progress and present to THPS leadership, CDC and other relevant stakeholders THPS achievements in the Covid-19 Vaccination.
- Develop and conduct a survey to PLHIV and general population clients who refused COVID-19 vaccination
- Work with R/DIVOs to organize stakeholder’s meetings and joint supportive supervision.
- Track and document lessons leant and best practices during the implementation of the program.
- Work with the field teams to identify the specific requirements for instance availability of COVID -19 Data collections tools across all councils in the region;
- Work with the available Assistant Data Officer interns in the facilities to ensure that all clients vaccinated at the facilities and during community campaigns are properly documented in the COVID-19 register and data entry of COVID-19 vaccination uptake for both PLHIV and general population is up to date and complete clearing of all ChanjoCovid backlog and real time data entry;
- Work with Health Care Workers at the facility to make sure COVID-19 registers are filled properly and together develop structured data filling workflow at each health facility;
- Assist Health Care Workers to identify clients eligible for second dose, generating the list for easy follow-up and ensure that those vaccinated are directly updated in both systems.
- Work very closely with Assistant Data officer to conduct daily, weekly and monthly tracking of all COVID-19 vaccinated clients from all vaccination points at facility and community level ensuring proper documentation of these clients for easy tracking;
- Actively participate in COVID-19 QI related activities and ensuring provision of quality data on monitored indicators by the QI team within respective assigned facilities to check the quality;
- Participate in internal Data Quality Assessment with R/DIVOs and participate in the implementation of the recommendations;
- Mentor HCWs and Facility Assistant Data Officers increasing COVID-19 vaccination uptake in general population;
- Work with R/CHMTs to make sure THPS and Government teams jointly participate in COVID -19 data sharing meetings and joint supportive supervision to address hesitance to COVID-19 vaccination;
- Work closely with regional CDC focal person for COVID_19 activities and
- Carry out other relevant tasks as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and qualifications
The applicant MUST have the following minimum qualifications;
- Recognized education in Medical doctor or health promotion, public health, epidemiology, sociology.
- At least two-year experience working in vaccination programs.
- Experience in community sensitization and mobilization and ability to work with community stakeholders i.e. grassroots LGAs, community-based organizations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills, transparency and accountability
- A good understanding of public functions and operations in government and/or NGO services.
- Able to meet deadlines for assigned tasks
Other additional qualification
- Evidence of full COVID -19 vaccination status will be an added advantage
- History of being a COVID-19 champion at community or facility is highly encouraged
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to [email protected] by June 17, 2022 with a position tittle as a subject line, for example ‘’Health Promotion Officer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; youth, women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.