Health Information Systems Developer (C#) at University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Company: University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Job Opportunity – Health Information Systems Developer (C#)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Start date: February 1, 2022
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information and health information systems (HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs). We are recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO ‘Global Programs’ to serve as a Health Information Systems Developer with a focus on C# programming.
This is a full-time 12-month position with the possibility of extension subject to continued funding. The position is expected to start on February 1, 2022.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Health Information Systems Director, the HIS Developer shall be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, testing, maintaining, auditing, and improving new and existing health information systems and project software. The developer will also bring expertise to activities related to developing EMR (electronic medical records), Lab, and other health information systems. The developer shall also ensure that all software developed conforms to set software development standards by conducting rigorous diagnosis, tests, code debugging, and technical documentation through reference manuals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the HIS team to design software solutions by studying information needs, systems flow, data usage, and work processes while adhering to the software development lifecycle.
- Evaluate, maintain, and evolve existing health information systems such as CTC2, CTC3, CTC Analytics, and Monthly Portal.
- Assist the HIS team in designing and implementing interoperability between existing health information systems such as CTC2, CTC3, CTC Analytics, Monthly Portal, Lab Visual Tool, IQSMS, PTCQI, etc.
- Support the piloting, rollout, training, and maintenance of HIS systems to Implementing Partners.
- Investigate, analyze, and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades, and modifications.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Develop and coordinate software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Prepare reference materials for users by writing operating instructions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Undertake other tasks within the scope of the role as directed by management from time to time.
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in computer science, software engineering, or information systems required. Experience working with health information systems required.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with C# programming language. Advanced knowledge in Python and other common programming languages is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a software developer or engineer; demonstrable experience in developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation, and development tasks [reference required].
- Advanced experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with at least two of the following is highly desirable: MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS Access).
- Working experience using jQuery, Git, Restful web services, Agile methodology, and android SDK.
- Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed environments including Windows on desktop, server, tablet, and mobile systems.
- Demonstrable skills in enterprise application integration.
- Ability to work successfully in a team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks under tight deadlines
Method of ApplicationAll applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
- A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to [email protected] and must be received by December 31,2021.NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.