Health Coordinator at Tanzania Red Cross Society
- Company: Tanzania Red Cross Society
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
Duty Station: Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC)
Reports to: Team Leader and technically Director of Health Services
Age Limit: Not above 45 years
- Work closely with the Team Leader and field teams to determine operational needs of the medical program and medical staff training
- Monitor and evaluate health sector service delivery objectives, indicators and outcomes of project
- Assist in implementing HR functions related to staff management (hiring, training, promotion, disciplinary action, termination) and ensure training and capacity building of health facility staff
- Represent Tanzania Red Cross Society at health coordination meetings, task force meetings and other partner coordination meetings and communicate relevant information back to staff
- Act as last line clinical consultation and make recommendations for referrals for specialized care
- Lead production of site and donor reports including compiling and analyzing data, compiling narrative and analysis.
- Work with management and partner agencies for outbreak preparedness and contingency planning
- Provide input to proposal and budgeting processes
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentor ship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and adhere to professional code of conduct
- Ability to treat all staff and volunteers with respect, without prejudice
- Ability to provide high quality and ethical service for the benefit of the National Society
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress
- Ability to support the TRCS calling and adhere to the TRCS Code of Conduct
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (MD).
- Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council
- Valid practicing license is
- Postgraduate training in Public Health is an added advantage
- 3 years of experience in hospital practice relating to primary health care, maternal and child health, management of HIV and communicable diseases. 2 years at a managerial level is
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than January 25th 2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].