Health Commodity Financing Analyst at Abt Associates
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
The Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) Technical Assistance – Tanzania program is designed to strengthen country supply systems for priority health areas in coordination with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) and other development partners. GHSC assists the GoT through four key project objectives: strategic planning and implementation, in-country logistics, stakeholder engagement, and strengthening of the enabling environment for supply chains.
As a member of Abt’s technical team working under the supervision of the Guidehouse management team, as the Health Commodity Financing Analyst, you are responsible for the implementation of technical assistance activities focusing on strengthening the financing of priority health commodities.
- Serve as the project lead for all activities relating to the financing for health commodities, including needs identification, resource mobilization and allocation, and routine monitoring of commodity supply chain financing interventions.
- Provide technical assistance to government partners in Tanzania mainland in the implementation of health commodities revolving funds, and the mentoring of public health care facility staff in its use.
- Provide technical assistance to government partners in Tanzania mainland in the use of a new updated formula for allocating funds for health commodities.
- Analyze Ministry of Health (MoH) annual budgets in Tanzania mainland to determine trends in the allocation of funds to health commodities procurement and supply chain management activities.
- Lead the digitalization of updated formulas used to allocate funds to health commodity procurement in mainland Tanzania.
- Document the impact of health financing initiatives on supply chain of health commodities key and lessons learned through project interventions.
- Participate in project planning, timely submission of technical reports and deliverables.
- Serve as technical point person with government and other stakeholders in communications and project activities related to health commodity and supply chain financing.
- Work with Abt home office staff to identify and recruit consultants to support health financing activities.
- Manage in-country consultants recruited by Abt and provide technical review of deliverables produced by consultants.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s degree + 9 years, master’s degree + 7 years, or Ph.D. + 4 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in public health, business administration, pharmaceutical or other relevant field – Master is preferred.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a government or donor-supported project environment.
- Strong knowledge of commodities supply chain management in the Tanzania context.
- Experience in using/applying costing models/tools.
- Experience in direct technical assistance to government staff at national and district levels.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks, and work in close collaboration with other project team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
- Advanced written/oral skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th August, 2023.