Health and Welfare Assistant / Health and Welfare Officer (2) at The School of St Jude
- Company: The School of St Jude
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Health and Welfare Assistant / Health and Welfare Officer (2 Vacancies)
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about looking after the health and welfare of school students…? Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students a 100% free, quality education, 100’s of graduates access to higher education and 30,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Organised and have patience, empathy and tact
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact positively with students, parents and colleagues
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Respect the need for confidentiality
What you’ll do
- Work with students to ensure they stay healthy and safe
- Follow up on any potential welfare issues, either at school or their home environments
- One day you might be filing, doing data entry or contributing to reports, another day you might be on hospital visits or house checks to students’ homes
What we’re looking for
- Qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Public Health or Community Services
- Experience working in a school or hospital
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- First Aid Qualification desirable
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Method of ApplicationSend your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/CR/02/21).
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 22 OCTOBER 2021, ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.