Health And Safety Officers (5) at Barrick Group
- Company: Barrick Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Humble beginnings fuelled by burgeoning aspirations led to the inception of Barrick Group’s first commercial venture in 2003 – a general trading company solely specialising in food and consumable products for the UAE and African markets.
A move that set the prologue to the Group’s success story. As the Middle Eastern and African markets continued underlining their presence on the global map, our business continued growing in parallel. Our traded volumes in 2014 alone were approx. 6600 containers of perishable and non-perishable items to our vast network of traders, partners and clients across the region.
Today, Barrick Group is further enriched through diversity, as our commercial ventures now encompass F&B, Retail and HORECA Brand Management & Distribution, Food Commodities Trading, Consulting, and Light Manufacturing. While the GCC remains our niche, our scale of operations have also expanded to cover our home base in Canada.
From start-up to now, our journey has crossed numerous milestones, including becoming financially self-sufficient. This sustainability has enabled us to grow without any financial liabilities, a remarkable accomplishment in today’s times.
Barrick Group in Tanzania is looking for experienced professionals in the following discipline to join our dynamic group so as to launch our operations in which our offices will be opened in Dar es salaam, Mwanza, Arusha and Dodoma, also we have built factories which are in final stage located at kibaha, Pwani region which will be responsible for manufacturing of various products for local and international market across East Africa.
HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICERS (5 POST)
Reports to Health and Safety Manager
In this role, you will be required to train employees on safety policies and practices, conduct regular inspections, generate health and safety assessment reports, and ensure that all occupational guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
To be a successful EHS coordinator, you should demonstrate a detailed knowledge of health and safety regulations and strong leadership skills. A top-notch EHS coordinator should possess excellent communication and training skills and have an acute eye for detail. Also positions involves frequently travelling to various region across the country
- Meeting with the management team to define EHS goals and objectives.
- Training employees on health and safety policies and best practices.
- Conducting inspections and identifying hazards and EHS violations.
- Providing solutions and intervention strategies for hygiene, health, and safety hazards.
- Implementing new health and safety protocols and measures to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Monitoring operational processes and employee activities.
- Generating assessment documentation, incident and accident reports, and health and safety manuals.
- Reporting to management, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Preparing and submitting health and safety compliance documents to the relevant organizations.
Keeping abreast of the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations, and best practices.
Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, safety management, or similar. OSHA training certification or similar EHS certification.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an EHS officer.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant regulations such as OSHA.
- The ability to read and interpret safety data sheets.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership and training abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Salary: Competitive package will be offered for qualified candidate.
Method of ApplicationBarrick group has no recruitment agent, all applications should be sent within 14 days, starting on 23th March 2021 and deadline for application will be on 5th April 2021 at 5:30pm
All applicants should mention the position they are applying on subject space of the email
All interested and qualified Tanzanian should send their applications letter and curriculum vitae only to our email below; [email protected]
And all applications should be addressed to
Director of Human Resources, Barrick Group,
P.O Box 18699,
Dar es salaam.